AIWA CA-DW630 boombox  » Electronics  »
3.3
  • I found myself really enjoying this portable stereo for all of the years I had it and never regret my purchase, and the fact that this one still works this very day is something worth mentioning

• by subzeroblu

The Aiwa CADW 630 was a pretty decent ‘boombox’ back in the day. I got it off of ebay because I remembered having one when I was a kid and I just had to have it again.

It had double tape player, one which was used for recording and a cd player.

Given it’s age I was very surprised to see that it still worked after all of these years.

The tape player worked pretty well as did the CD player and

the audio quality was surprisigly good for it’s age.

The speakers could go pretty loud without fear of distortion.

Thankfully the ‘boombox’ was pretty light and as a result you could carry it easily around, It worked with only 6 DD Batteries which also lasted a pretty long amount of time before running out of juice.

I found myself really enjoying this portable stereo for all of the years I had it and never regret my purchase, and the fact that this ...

• one still works this very day is something worth mentioning.

The remote made it very easy to use and perfect as an alarm clock, as it caould go as loud as you wanted it to go.

Contrarily to a lot of other portable stereos this one seems to not heat at all and even better it has the possibility to attach any aux inputs to it, be it a microphone or even an mp3 player whci you can easily attach to the

back of the boombox.

This is exactly the kind of stereo that one would want to bring to the beach or even at the lake.

It’s light, portable and very reliable, especially for it’s really contained price, nowadays you can easily find it used for like $20, which, for a stereo system is an incredibly contained price.

If you want a reliable stereo to bring with you on holiday, or long car trips, or just to the beach then this is for you.

mglaser says :

re : I found myself really enjoying this portable stereo for all of the years I had it and never regret my purchase, and the fact that this one still works this very day is something worth mentioning
    I have an Aiwa CA-DW630 that I bought new many moons ago. It developed some button problems this past year, such that volume and tracks crisscrossed and became dysfunctional. Luckily, the remote works just fine.

This machine, tho, had a rocky beginning. Just after the warrantee ran out, the cd player malfunctioned. I went to Best Buy to get a cd player cleaner and the salesperson there told me not to bother. He said a few people every week would come in with the same AIWA problem, and the cleaner would not help. He said it was a defect, and he was right.

I called AIWA and despite their denial and resistance, I got them to pay for the repairs. I never had another problem with it since (this is about 18 years now). I’ve talked to other people who had the same problem with their AIWA’s but who had given up on them and just sent them to the thrift store. I suspect some enterprising engineers bought them cheap, repaired the cd player, and put them out into the market again. I really lost respect for AIWA, letting so many people down. But I love the machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162612929710531/k2311a1226/12.26.09