EES Antibiotic  » Medicine  »
  • When I could hardly swallow, I decided that I better go to the doctor
  • The pills are a little large, and at first I noticed that they were kind of hard to swallow, but I did get used to them
  • I recommend EES for throat infections and it might be very effective for strep throat
  • If you experience stomach upset or other adverse reactions or side effects from EES, call your doctor

• by mom1

Recently I had one of the worst sore throats that I can ever remember having. I was not sure if it was strep, or if it was just your every day run of the mill sore throat. When I could hardly swallow, I decided that I better go to the doctor. I ended up getting antibiotics, but I was not too hopeful that they would do anything to relieve the terrible pain. In addition to the severe sore throat, I also had a fever, cough, stuffy nose and an earache. I knew that I would have to finish the entire prescription of antibiotics to make sure that the infection would not return. After I took the first pill, I was hoping that I would soon begin to get some relief from the sore throat, but it took about a day before I began to

feel relieve.

After that first day, though my sore throat began to resolve. I was so happy because I could actually swallow again. After a few days, my sore throat pain was almost completely gone. I was so amazed that this medication worked so well. Usually this type of antibiotic gives me a stomachache, however, I did notice that if I took it with food, the pain was not that bad. In addition to relieving my sore throat pain, this antibiotic also relieved my ear ache. The pills are a little large, and at first I noticed that they were kind of hard to swallow, but I did get used to them. I did not mind the size because I knew that they were doing their job in relieving my infection. I am not sure why my doctor prescribed EES, which is erythromycin instead of ...

• penicillin or amoxicillin, but it did not matter because it really did the trick.

I recommend EES for throat infections and it might be very effective for strep throat. If you see your doctor because of a sore throat, ask him if EES would be effective for your situation. He will prescribe an antibiotic based on your infection. Although my side effects of upset stomach were mild, antibiotics can cause significant stomach upset. If you experience stomach upset or other adverse reactions or side effects from EES, call your doctor. He may be able to substitute another antibiotic, or offer suggestions on how to minimize these side effects.

On another occasion, I had a cold which become a sinus infection. The first time I saw my doctor, he did not want to prescribe antibiotics because he told me that my nasal congestion was commonly due

to a cold, and since the common cold is a viral infection rather than a bacterial infection, he did not feel that antibiotics would be appropriate or even effective for my situation. About a week later I went back because I still could not breath out of my nose. He then suggested antibiotics and I asked about the EES, because it had been so effective against my sore throat. Sure enough, after a couple of days, my sinuses were as clear as could be, and my symptoms were almost virtually gone. I was tempted to not finish my entire prescription of the EES, but I knew that if I didn’t, my infection may return.

These antibiotics worked very efficiently for me, and if it were not for the mild stomach upset that I got from taking them, I did not experience any other side effects.

tracy says :

does EES antibiotic contain penicillin

Jules Li says :

Tracy, it does not contain penicillin.

Galega says :

EES antibiotic contains erythromycin ethylsuccinate. It is a very good antibiotic and is not clubbed into the category of penicillin antibiotic.

Erythromycin is also widely prescribed to patients who are allergic to Penicillin. You can definitely take it if you have any issues with Penicillin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262412929630931/k2311a1224/12.24.09