Pampered Chef Knife with Sharpening Case  » Housewares  »
  • However, I must say that the sharpening feature I was originally so impressed with does not work very well for me
  • Then I noticed that it was getting duller
  • As to the knife itself, it is convenient and sturdy

• by Lorianna

I have been using this Pampered Chef knife for over 8 years, for multiple cooking purposes, and overall, I am quite happy with it. However, I must say that the sharpening feature I was originally so impressed with does not work very well for me.

The knife comes with a safety case that also works as a sharpener: there are ceramic inserts inside of it,

and as the knife goes in and out, it rubs against them and gets sharpened.

That’s the way it was explained to me, and at first it seemed to work well – the knife stayed sharp enough.

Then I noticed that it was getting duller.

I tried to sharpen the knife by repeatedly putting it in and out of the case, but it did not ...

• help.

I looked it up on the Internet, on Pampered Chef’s website, and realized what I was doing wrong: in order for the sharpening mechanism to work, you must squeeze the case, pressing on the black lower part of it; simply re-inserting the knife is not enough.

I admit I am not very good at remembering to press on that thing every time, so when

the knife gets too dull I use regular sharpening stone.

As to the knife itself, it is convenient and sturdy.

I use it for almost anything – cutting vegetables for salads and soups, cutting meat, sausage, etc.

The blade is long enough to easily chop larger vegetables like lettuce and cabbage.

Whenever I open the knife drawer to get a knife, I usually reach for this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532412929580831/k2311a1224/12.24.09