Nokia 2700 classic  » Phones  »
  • The recent one that I bought was suggested to me by a number of users
  • Hence I thought of giving the new Nokia 2700 classic a try
  • I prefer to use only Nokia phones since I have had quite a good experience with Nokia
  • Storage of the music is no problem with its expandable 2GB memory

• by Swati

Mobile phones have become a necessity in the present scenario. People change their cell phones quicker than their clothes. Following the trend I have changed about 5 to 6 phones in the past 2 years. The recent one that I bought was suggested to me by a number of users. Hence I thought of giving the new Nokia 2700 classic a try. I prefer to use only Nokia phones since I have had quite a good experience with Nokia. So I was glad when Nokia launched its 2700 classic, which had an impressive design at a very reasonable price.

The phone has a display screen similar to the Nokia 6300. The phone is available in two shades - black and grey backs. The front remains the same in both the models but the color of the battery cover changes.

The phones appear a treat for eyes at the first instant. It is a beautiful looking phone that has a classic touch to it. The

accessories included with the phone are the charger and the headset. The main advantage of this cell phone is its rate. Priced at Rs. 4500 that is equivalent to around $95 this phone is surely a great money saver. Not only does it have such an affordable price tag but the features have not been compromised in any ways too. The phone is equipped with a 2 Mega Pixel camera that takes good quality pictures. While the camera is being focused on the object the snap appears to be quite hazy but once the picture is clicked the outcome is quite appreciable. The pictures have good sharpness and clarity. The video recording is also good and appreciable.

The phone has a round rectangular shape at the bottom, which gives it a perfect finish. The keypad is not much embossed so people who require lot of typing might take some time to adjust to it initially but the glossy finish gives the keypad a ...

• smoothness which is quite comfortable.

Unlike other Nokia models where microphone is situated at the bottom this one has it beside the keypad which enhances the voice clarity while attending the calls. The connectors are situated at the bottom. The phone supports Bluetooth and Micro USB connector for data transfer. The Micro USB cable has not been provided with the set which is quite disappointing but data transfer through Bluetooth is reliable and fast.

The loudspeaker of the phone is situated at the back of the phone. One thing which is really nice about the phone is its sound quality. It gives a loud and clear sound on the loud speaker and also to hear the music on the headset is a treat for all the music lovers. Ever since I bought this phone I do not use my stereo rather switch on the music and play it through the phone’s loudspeaker. The phone’s music player is a pleasure to hear. It produces great and

decent sound. Storage of the music is no problem with its expandable 2GB memory. Many tracks can be stored and played as and when the user wants .If I get bored of my playlist then I switch on the FM Radio. The reception of the radio is brilliant and works great to give a quality entertainment. Also one can also go for wireless music playback through Bluetooth connectivity.

Besides the basic functionality of messaging and email etc the phone supports networking through GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 / GSM 850. Various inbuilt games such as 3D snake and Sudoku are loaded for a funtertainment. The phone has a talk time of around 6 hours which is quite sufficient for an average caller. With an internal memory of 64 MB and an expandable memory of 2GB the phone provides very good storage.

Overall this is a great phone with a smart price tag and multi functionality. I would suggest to go for this phone.

Nokia 2700 classic

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372412929190831/k2311a1224/12.24.09