MAX FACTOR False Lash Effect Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • And so, when I first saw the TV commercial for Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara, I thought it could help me somewhat
  • Or more accurately, the effect on my lashes was so minimal that I found it absolutely not worthy of the money I spent on the mascara

• by Pretty Polly

I have relatively short and straight eyelashes. The reason I mention this is that it is very difficult for me to find a mascara that does *anything* to enhance my eyelashes. At best, they just blacken them (which is not always good, as it may make the eyes appear smaller), at worst, they make my eyelashes droop.

could help me somewhat. I was NOT expecting an actual »false eyelash« effect, such as presented in the commercials – such an expectation would be highly unrealistic – but I did expect some improvement.

There was none. Or more accurately, the effect on my lashes was so minimal that I found it absolutely not worthy of the money I spent on the mascara.

I applied it carefully, waiting for the mascara to dry between applying the ...

• different layers; I also took care to apply it mostly on the tips of the eyelashes, so they wouldn’t droop.

All to no avail: it blackened my eyelashes, but that was it. Not only did they not appear anywhere nearly as luxurious as »false« lashes would; if it weren’t for the color, nobody would even notice I was wearing any mascara at all.

Maybe if I had used an eyelash curler the effect would be much

better. But that is an extra procedure, requiring an extra product (the curler, obviously); so, it is NOT what they are advertising.

It is difficult for me to rate this product, as I don’t know how it would work for someone else. It absolutely did not work for me, but it still could work well for YOU, so I’ll give it a 6/10.

However, if your lashes are anything like mine, I would suggest to keep looking.

MAX FACTOR False Lash Effect Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312412929180831/k2311a1224/12.24.09