Camping stove by Snow Peak; Giga Power  » Travel  »
  • This issue regarding the fuels preformance at low temps is the only down side that I have found
  • I do recommend this stove based on its small size and the fact that it will boil a quart of water in about 4 minutes

• by Hardyreels

For three season backpack or cycle camping this stove is going to be hard to beat. It is tiny, it is lightweight, it works great! that would get it said in one statement but I’ll add a few particulars.

Price $49.99; Optional heat and wind shield price: $9.95

When packed for travel the size is; 3.5″ X 1 7/8″ X 1.5″ This little stove minus the fuel supply weighs just 3.6 ounces and will

deliver all the heating power you will need. It has an ignite button so that match lighting is not necessary although I would take some along just in case. For an additional $9.95 you will want the wind shield to accompany the stove, this is money well spent as it will add to the units efficiency. The fuel canisters are tiny also and will fit neatly into almost any load. The fuel source is ...

• an isobutane propane mix and at low temperatures the gas’s contract and this drastically affects the efficiency of the stove. This issue regarding the fuels preformance at low temps is the only down side that I have found. It is a three season stove and beyond that plan on a white gas unit like the MSR Wisperlight for your winter camping needs.

I do recommend this stove based on its small size and the fact

that it will boil a quart of water in about 4 minutes. Even if the temperatures get low you just need to keep the fuel warm and you will be good to go. I live in Alaska and travel back and forth to our Bush cabin by boat and snow machine (an 80 mile trip one way) and I always have the Snow Peak stove packed in my emergency gear in case of a break down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382312928750731/k2311a1223/12.23.09