Windows 7 Ultimate  » Software  »
  • I have enjoyed using Windows 7 very much so far
  • I do not think Ultimate was worth the extra cost

• by mhoppal

As of December 2009, Windows 7 is Microsoft’s most recently-released operating system. It was released a few months ago as an upgrade to Windows Vista and has seen success in its sales, both in updates and on new computers.

I have enjoyed using Windows 7 very much so far. It came installed with very little junk software I had to uninstall. I actually kept everything for once.The drivers built in have worked for everything I have hardware-wise except for my video card, which was a pleasant surprise.

The customization options of the desktop have

built upon the success of Windows Vista’s gadgets and many have since been added. The Windows Live package also brings back Movie Maker, an Outlook mail alternative, and many other useful things like Windows Live Writer. I have enjoyed using all of this simple yet powerful free software straight from the source that created the operating system.

Windows 7 has been very stable. I experienced a couple strange crashes while using Windows Vista, which were very frustrating. They have been fixed so far for Windows 7, and over the last three months, I ...

• have not had a single crash.

I reformatted and reinstalled one time about a month ago because the direct upgrade process left a lot of things on my computer that I did not want anymore, and removing them would have taken even longer than just reformatting, so I opted for the shorter process. Upgrading from Vista on a fast computer with about 150 GB of data took around three hours, while simply performing a clean install clocked in at about 35 minutes. I encourage all to take the latter option if you would

like to use your computer for something else that day.

Overall, Windows 7 has been a pleasure to use, and I am looking forward to using it in the future. My only gripe is the removal of Windows Calendar, which was one of my most useful pieces of software under Vista. I wish I could get it back, but Microsoft has expressed interest in developing an alternative in the near future.

I do not think Ultimate was worth the extra cost. I would go with a Professional or Student edition if I could do it over again.

Windows 7 Ultimate

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302312928720731/k2311a1223/12.23.09