Low Wray campsite in the Lake District, Cumbria
Low Wray Campsite, Low Wray Near Ambleside Cumbria, LA22 0JA United Kingdom
  • I think you have to pay a premium if you will stay near the lake side but anyway my son was also enjoying playing and getting himself wet along the waters
  • As far as I know there were two toilets near our area and both of them were clean plus we don’t have to pay a penny every time we want to use it
  • I also got the chance to experience watching the mountain almost covered with the fog early in the morning while sipping and enjoying a cup of coffee from our tent
  • I would definitely come back in this place again sometime in the future but unfortunately, they are only open from Easter to October

• by kim

Last summer my family and I went to the Lake District for 3 days holiday and we stayed camping for the night at Low Wray campsite. In order for us to get there through car we have to take the A593 road from Ambleside, turn left at Clappersgate onto the B5286. The Low Wray campsite is run by the National trust and the address is at Low Wray near Ambleside Cubria United Kingdom.

We booked first before we go there which can be emailed at campsite. [email protected]

org. uk.

We paid £32 for two consecutive nights. In fact we were the

only people staying in Tania’s place.

We arrived there before 2 in the afternoon and started pitching up our tent. The place is so nice and peaceful.

There were also some campers along but the place we were in where solely for the 3 of us which was very great because we had our privacy. Tania’s place is also a couple minutes away to the lake and so we had a chance to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the lake.

I think you have to pay a premium if you will stay near the lake ...

• side but anyway my son was also enjoying playing and getting himself wet along the waters. As far as I know there were two toilets near our area and both of them were clean plus we don’t have to pay a penny every time we want to use it.

The toilets were not even crowded with people knowing that at that time of the year there were lots of campers. My husband and I also got a chance to watch the lovely sunset which is so romantic and watched the ducks swimming along the clear water.

I

also got the chance to experience watching the mountain almost covered with the fog early in the morning while sipping and enjoying a cup of coffee from our tent. If you explore the nearby area along Low Wray you can observe the countryside feeling with lots of sheep and cows along the green patch of land.

The scenery is really very lovely, it’s like I was in a real life romantic card except that every single creatures are all real. I would definitely come back in this place again sometime in the future but unfortunately, they are only open from Easter to October.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382312928570731/k2311a1223/12.23.09