Tousle Me Softly Mousse  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I think I’ll stick with my regular extra-hold mousse

• by Kat Nell

I’ve always loved to twist, curl, and scrunch my long hair into a slightly wavy hairdo that looks both effortless and fun. Usually, I use a strong mousse and braid overnight to wake up with fresh curls. However, when I saw a commercial for the Tousle Me Softly collection by Herbal Essence, I though this was the

solution for my straight hair. It advertised the mousse as you just needing to rub the mousse into damp hair, scrunch, and dry. Unfortunately, that didn’t work. I wash my hair and allowed to dry somewhat until it was a damp-dry. Then I flipped my head down to work the mousse into my hair and scrunched it ...

• up, holding it in place for a while. I even tried pinning up some hair so it would dry in a curly position with the mousse.

It kept some of my hair scrunched up for a few hours and then pretty much everything ended up looking like a mess of straight hair. After brushing, my hair looked

pretty normal with no wave to the hair. The only good part of this product was the smell. It has a clean, fresh scent that almost could pass for perfume.

While it may have worked average for a regular mousse, it certainly didn’t work like the commercial’s advertisement. I think I’ll stick with my regular extra-hold mousse.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312312928540731/k2311a1223/12.23.09