The Cat in the Hat  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I have to admit, I was a bit of a kid at heart again watching it too

• by Review Vigilante

I have never read the book The Cat in the Hat. I have read the sequel to it.

But, the original is one I just have never had available to me; either as a kid or as a parent.

So, when I watched the animated Cat in the Hat film with my daughter last night (the one made in the

1970s, not the live action one made a few years ago), it was as new to me as it was to her.

For the most part, the movie was pretty decent.

Like I said before, I haven’t read the book but, from what my wife was telling me, it stuck to the book for the most part; though there were ...

• a lot of songs in it; something I’m assuming wasn’t the case with the book.

I have to admit, I was a bit of a kid at heart again watching it too.

It was a fantastic story about a couple kids who are bored out of their minds while their mom is at the store and a cat (wearing a

hat) shows up and shows them how to have some fun; even cleaning up before she returns.

The fish in the movie is a bit annoying (I told my fish that, if he ever got that bossy, he would be fed to our cat) but, for the most part, this is a good movie that is enjoyable for everyone in the family; especially young kids.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112312928410631/k2311a1223/12.23.09