Frosty Returns
2.5
  • It turned out to be a better program than I thought it would be
  • I think, in addition to Frosty the Snowman, this show will become an annual holiday tradition in our house

• by srhelmer

We watched the TV special Frosty the Snowman last night and, right after it, there was a newer special on the air called Frosty Returns. I had never seen this holiday show before so I took the time to sit down and watch it with my two daughters (and wife).

It turned out to be a better program than I

thought it would be; even though it wasn’t as good as the original.

Basically, Frosty appears in a new town that is about to have its winter carnival.

But, shortly before the carnival, someone invents a special spray that can remove all the snow without the fuss of shoveling it.

This, of course, attracts the adults who don’t have fun ...

• in the snow and Frosty and his friends face the reality of a holiday season that might be snow free.

Some parts of this special were a bit lame.

And, I still don’t understand how Frosty, who needs a magic hat to live, is suddenly able to remove the hat without turning back into a normal snowman.

But, when you

overlook things like that, the movie is still pretty entertaining.

I think, in addition to Frosty the Snowman, this show will become an annual holiday tradition in our house; assuming, of course, the television stations continue to air it like they did this holiday season.

If you haven’t seen this show, it is one you should take the time to watch; especially if you have young kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102312928290631/k2311a1223/12.23.09