Trains Planes & Automobiles movie  » Movies  »
  • So, when I got a chance to watch it again last night, I decided to (there wasn't anything good on TV now that Monk is off the air)
  • If you haven't seen this movie, I would recommend taking the time to watch it

• by srhelmer

I watched the movie Trains Planes & Automobiles a long time ago and didn’t remember a whole lot about the movie. So, when I got a chance to watch it again last night, I decided to (there wasn’t anything good on TV now that Monk is off the air).

I have to say it was one of

the funniest movies I have ever seen.

Steve Martin and John Candy star as a couple travelers who are trying to get home to Chicago by Thanksgiving (making it a great holiday movie, for those who are looking for one).

When their flight gets cancelled by bad weather, they find themselves doing everything from taking a train ...

• and bus to renting a car in an effort to get home.

But, each step of the way, they end up meeting one disaster after another.

Their cash gets stolen, their rental car catches on fire and they run into a series of people who do their part to make their lives even more difficult.

I did

like how the movie managed to have the two main characters hating each other but becoming best friends at the end; something that can happen when you have to pair together to face the worst circumstances.

And, the ending was pretty darn cool.

If you haven’t seen this movie, I would recommend taking the time to watch it.

You won’t regret it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112312928270631/k2311a1223/12.23.09