Donckels Belgian Truffles
  • I savored every bite as each piece is so delicious, just the right sweetness after a full meal

• by JustCurious

It is Christmastime and here in the Philippines that means that all our relatives from other countries are coming home and bringing with them a little bit of wherever they came from, which we call pasalubong. This year, one of our relatives brought home Donckels Belgian Truffles from the United

States and gave one box to our house.

It was one of the most popular pasalubongs this year.

These are cocoa dusted truffles and disappeared very fast because every one in the house would take one or two pieces every after meal.

I savored every bite as each piece is ...

• so delicious, just the right sweetness after a full meal.

They are rich and creamy, but the cocoa dusting makes it a perfect pair to a cup of coffee or to a piece of fruit.

It’s a little bit bigger than a piece of Hersheys Kiss and the box says

that every four pieces contains only 242 calories.

It took us a few days to go through all 41 pieces in the box because one or two was enough after every meal.

I am partial to chocolates with nuts, and this is the first non-nut chocolate that I really took to.

Dave Burcar says :

I LOVE these Belgian Truffles. They are absolutely the best chocolate I have ever eaten, however the percentage of cocoa is not listed anywhere on the package. Please let me know this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272312927960631/k2311a1223/12.23.09