Linksys WRT610N router
  • I bought this router from Best Buy yesterday to replace an aging Linksys wireless B router
  • Overall I think the Linksys WRT610N is great so far

• by cameronr

Today I will be reviewing the Linksys WRT610N Simultaneous dual band wireless N Gigabit router. I bought this router from Best Buy yesterday to replace an aging Linksys wireless B router.

Some of the advantages I’ve noticed are: - The immense speed difference - It’s 10x faster wired and 4x faster wireless.

It’s made a huge difference streaming media to

my PS3 from both my computer and sites like Hulu and Netflix - No dropped connections(so far) - One of the biggest reasons I replaced the router was it was continuously dropping connections.

I would have to unplug the router and plug it back in to get the wireless to connect again - No antennas and a slimmer design - Linksys ...

• has replaced the look of their old routers with a slimmer design with no antennas There are a couple things that I’m listing as cons that may be completely normal.

They are: - It gets hot after running for a while.

I’m thinking this is because of the slimmer profile and the faster technology.

- It doesn’t stack on top of

my cable modem - although a minor annoyance since the cable modem and the old router were of the old design the feet stacked on top of each other making it look like one system.

Overall I think the Linksys WRT610N is great so far.

I’m curious to see if it does as well as the old B router I had which held up for over 5 years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332312927940631/k2311a1223/12.23.09