Bloons Tower Defense 4 (Flash Game)  » Games  »
  • Feeling nostalgic, I decided to try it out
  • Even though, I haven't played this game in years, it's still just as fun, and it was interesting to see all the new components they've added into the game

• by Shadow Zero

Bloons Tower Defense 4 is an online flash game, and the fourth installment in the series created by Ninja Kiwi. This is a tower defense game, where you build structures to prevent the enemy from crossing the map. In this case, the enemies are balloons and the “structures” are monkeys. The goal is to pop all the balloons before they reach the end of the map.

It’s been a while since I last played a Bloons Tower Defense game. The last one I played was the second one in the series. I saw someone play it on a computer a school and tried it out for myself. I stopped playing that one for a while, and then recently I came across the fourth installment. Feeling nostalgic, I decided to try it out. Even though, I haven’t played this

game in years, it’s still just as fun, and it was interesting to see all the new components they’ve added into the game.

Instead of simply balloons, they’ve added some blimps that carry balloons inside and even a blimp that carries more blimps inside of it. They’ve added ships and planes and other new structures to the list aside from just having monkeys pop the balloons. Lastly, they’ve added two more upgrades to each structure. You can play this game entirely free, but you can also buy premium features, like additional upgrades or tracks, or the ability to gain more cash.

What I really like about this game is the excitement of it. The game starts very slow since there are only a few balloons that try to get past you. But after halfway through the game, the balloons ...

• are coming in droves. Even if you have full life left, if a large number gets pass, it’s mostly likely over. So, I have to make sure I’m constantly paying full attention to the game.

I find that this game is actually quite addicting. There are six free tracks with three difficulties each; and after finishing one track, you can continue playing until you run out of lives. I find it quite tempting to just continue playing, forgetting that I’ve probably played that one track for a few hours already. In addition, if you register for the game, you can get medals every time you reach the 100th round of a track (Easy has 50 rounds, Medium has 60, and Hard has 75, so you’ll have to keep playing to reach the “true” last round.) Since the game

is essentially free, the medals don’t really have any value other than prestige, but sometimes that’s enough to get you wanting to play it over and over again.

The only bad thing about this game is that once you reach the higher rounds where there are literally hundreds and hundreds of balloons on the screen, the game starts to slow down. (The creator jokingly says you’re mind is just becoming faster, but we all know the game is slowing down.) So, you’ll need to have a good RAM to keep up with the game. I was just fortunate to have upgraded my RAM recently, so it isn’t too bad when it slows down.

Overall, this is a pretty fun and addicting game. You can find this game at Ninja Kiwi’s website (http://www.ninjakiwi.com/) or other websites that has flash games.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282312927790531/k2311a1223/12.23.09