Converse Low-Cut Chuck Taylor Sneakers  » Clothes  »
  • At last December’s Converse shoe sale, I bought a pair of low-cut canvas Chuck Taylor sneakers
  • One thing I love about my particular Chuck Taylor model is that it comes with thick shoelaces, compared to the usual thin ones found on other chucks
  • The only problem with the construction of Chuck Taylor shoes is that, after several uses, the soles tend to detach at the point where you bend your toes

• by poyayan

At last December’s Converse shoe sale, I bought a pair of low-cut canvas Chuck Taylor sneakers. It’s December again—meaning, the pair I bought had just turned a year old—and I’m still wearing the sneakers more than any of my other shoes.

Despite having a canvas upper, Chucks are actually quite comfortable. They may not be very breathable, but that’s one of the few compromises that one has to

live with when being a Chuck Taylor enthusiast.

The sole of the shoe isn’t very cushioned, though. This sometimes causes a lot of discomfort on extended walks and if I’m not wearing thicker socks.

One thing I love about my particular Chuck Taylor model is that it comes with thick shoelaces, compared to the usual thin ones found on other chucks. Naturally, it comes with larger lace holes, which ...

• are quite fashionable and sets this pair apart from other Chuck models. The tan color also makes the shoe easy to mix and match with other clothing, and I was delighted when I saw that I could use it with practically every pair of pants or shorts that I have right now.

soles tend to detach at the point where you bend your toes. Although it’s just a small detached portion, it still gets a bit scary especially if one walks a lot.

Still, the sneakers are quite durable and, thanks to alternating between two pairs, have been able to last for over a year now. It’s a good buy for a durable, fashionable and comfortable shoe—a worthy investment, hands down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 552312927780531/k2311a1223/12.23.09