Samsung solstice TM A887 Cell Phone  » Electronics  »
  • With the Samsung Solstice, I found just what I was looking for
  • I love my Solstice, even better than my Sliver I was so fond of

• by Sandi

I have been using a Motorola Sliver for a few years now, because it was simple and easy to use. I don’t want to have to flip or slide, I just want to pick my phone up and use it. The sliver was actualy discontinued a couple of years ago, but I stubbornly would not upgrade. Well, my last one gave out and I had no choice but to look for another cell phone. With the Samsung Solstice, I found just what I was looking for.

My husband and daughter both have more expensive upgrades, with a lot of fancy stuff I do not need or want to learn how to use. My Solstice is a touch screen, with just the right sensitivity. I tried to use other

touch tones and got too frustrated. I am not a patient person and am usually in a great hurry.

I needed a phone I could use fast and not have to worry about hitting the wrong buttons. My Solstice has nice big numbers and letters with a easy to use touch tone texting screen as well. When home I have a three year old daughter, I often have to chase after. With my Solstice all I have to do to mute is set the phone face down on a surface and go.

This also works to snooze the alarm. I love my Solstice, even better than my Sliver I was so fond of. I am now hooked on touch screen. My Solstice is nice and trim, yet has ...

• a very sturdy feel about it.

The back is a great hard leather like material, which is scratch proof. I really have no complaints about my Solstice, although the screen does have to be cleaned quite regulary because it is open with no cover. Another point on the plus side for me is how easy it is to use. I did not need a manual or any help to figure out how to operate.

I just pick it up, either hit on the dial, menu, or contact icon and I can go immediatly wherever I need. I do take alot of pictures to transport to my computer and print off for my album, and I am very happy with the quality of pictures my Solstice takes. The screen

itself is light and bright, and the sound is awesome with absolutely no static. No one ever has a hard time hearing me, nor I them.

My Soltice does have high speed internet and bluetooth capabilities as well. Although I seldom use these, it is nice to know they are there if I need to. Now, the Solstice may not be the most attractive phone on the market, but it is not ugly either. As far as I now it only comes in black, which is fine with me.

It is east to hold, not to small, not too big. The corners are all smoothly rounded, with a sleek feel. I am so happy with my Samsung Solstice, and highly reccommend to anyone always in a hurry and needing something simple to learn and use like myself.

Kia says :

Just recently my screen shows a message no event that was never there before and I can`t clear it. Does anyone know how to remove this message?

dean carter says :

Try reseting the device.

Galega says :

The first thing you need to do is to delete all useless messages from the Inbox. Second, check if this message is related to your operator. The third thing you can do is to switch off the phone (or even remove the SIM and reinsert it again) and then restart the phone. That should solve the problem.

If nothing is working, then consider going for factory reset. That will delete all data saved on your phone, including contact list.

PK says :

im trying to change settings on a certain contact. for instance, i want to change the ringtone for a certain contact, but it doesnt allow me to use vibrate alone. is there a way to change that? i tired by editing the contact info, i choose ringtones but it doesnt allow me to select only vibrate

Galega says :

You can do that only through the Profile Page. And, the selection of incoming call alert will be universal. For example, you can’t set ringing for one number and vibrate only for the other. If it is vibrate only, then it will be for that number. You can assign different caller tune for different number in your contact list, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162212927760731/k2311a1222/12.22.09