Treasure Cottage Thrift Store
121 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC
  • At this store, I find that it's really important to instantly take anything you find interesting
  • Since I'm a regular, I know the managers by face
  • I recommend to everyone living in the area to check out this place out

• by Shadow Zero

Treasure Cottage Thrift Store is a store that sells items that were all donated by the community. Their profits go towards the S.O.S Children’s Village BC, a charitable organization providing a home for foster children and families.

I’m a regular at the store, coming in weekly; and there’s always something interesting to buy. Treasure Cottage Thrift Store mostly sells clothes, but they do offer other items, such as jewelry, accessories, toys, books, CD’s, DVD’s, houseware items, and kitchen items. The “hot” items, however, are their furniture. The store will get bookshelves, tables, and even lounge chairs and couches, all for a nice affordable price. Every week that I go there, most of the furniture from the previous week have already been sold and replaced by new ones. Once in a

while, they may also get some nice newer electronics (as opposed to all the few-decades-old-no-one-is-really-going-to-buy kind of electronics they typically get).

At this store, I find that it’s really important to instantly take anything you find interesting; otherwise, someone else is going to get it. There was a couple times where I wanted to buy something, but wasn’t sure about it. And then when I finally decided to buy it, I saw someone else buy it before my very eyes. It was a shame, but a lesson learned about shopping there.

I only have two problems with the store. One, the store is small and crowded. They jam pack the area with as much merchandise as they can, so the aisles become narrow and hard to get around on a busy ...

• day. There’s usually delicate glass or ceramic items around the area as well; so while I’m browsing on a busy day, I’m always afraid I’m going accidentally knock something off and break it.

And two, you don’t know who actually works at the store. The store has a few managers, but they are typically always working at the back of the store. So, the front of the store is managed by volunteers. Since I’m a regular, I know the managers by face. However, the volunteers come and go all the time, and they don’t wear any tags that say they’re volunteers. So, unless they happen to be carrying a large box of items for sorting or you see them come out from the back room, you don’t know if they’re

a customer or a volunteer. It’s not that big of a deal, but a little frustrating if you’re looking for some help.

But other than that, Treasure Cottage Thrift Store is a really great store. New items are always coming in, and sometimes you can even find brand new, never been used items (this goes for the clothes as well), all for a cheap price. As I browse around the store, I often hear other customers telling the cashier how they never intended to spend so much money there (but they don’t feel bad about it since it all goes to charity). Every time I go there, it’s like an adventure; you’ll never know what you’re going to find. I recommend to everyone living in the area to check out this place out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 242212927470631/k2311a1222/12.22.09