Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000  » Electronics  »
  • I bought the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000 in 1998 for around $200
  • But I am impressed that I can still use it 10 years after I have bought it
  • There have been a few occasions where the songs in my CD skipped but I was able to rectify the problem by cleaning the CD unit

• by Dev

I would like to review on one of the oldest electronic equipment which I am still using today. Of course, I am talking about the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000. I bought the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000 in 1998 for around $200. I can’t remember the exact price and I have not checked up on the price of Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000 recently. I am not even sure if it is still in sale. But I am impressed that I can still use it 10 years after I have bought it.

There have been a few occasions where the

songs in my CD skipped but I was able to rectify the problem by cleaning the CD unit. I have also cleaned the tape heads inside the recorder like once every 2 years just to play safe and yes, I am one of those living in the dinosaur eras as I have a collection of tapes which I still keep and watch on the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000.

My family consists of karaoke freaks and we do get together once in awhile to have our karaoke sessions. So the karaoke function on the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000 had been a ...

• big plus for us as the sound quality is really good. I usually adjust the bass sometimes to inject some life into the room when playing some of my favorite songs from some artistes like Linkin Park and Papa Roach, just to name a few.

I have actually connected the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000 to my new plasma TV and this was really a breeze with the super woofer jacks, video/aux, md and line out jacks on the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000. Before ripping music online became popular, I used to record any favorite song of mine playing on the

radio right on the cassettes. For the new generation, cassettes are what your daddy and mommy used to use to record and listen to their favorite songs, very much like your ipods. Besides these functions belonging in the dinosaur era, the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000 can have up to 3 CDs which are still current today.

Overall, I would give this a rating of 9 out of 10 only because of its dinosaur-era outfits like the cassette player and the VHS tape player. Other then that, the Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000 truly lives up to the well known adage, old is gold!

Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000
    thomas says :

How to connect the super woofer to AIWA XR-H2000? I tried already in several ways and still mute sound from speakers.

Galega says :

If you have made connection without any problem and the connecting cable is not malfunctioning, then you need to check the settings of the stereo. It is possible that you have inadvertently muted the volume button.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162212927370631/k2311a1222/12.22.09