Sally Hansen Nail Polish Remover
  • I wear 2-3 coats of nail polish, so when the time comes to remove it, it can be a tough job, especially for darker colors

• by Lorianna

I have been using a cheap generic nail polish remover, which worked quite well for me, but I have recently decided to try the Sally Hansen’s version, intrigued by its promise to be “20% stronger, up to 50% faster. ” The remover comes in an 8 fl.

oz.

plastic bottle with a screw-off lid, no different from the generic one.

You pour out a small amount

on a cotton pad and then start working on getting rid of your old manicure.

The remover is said to work for all nail types, I suppose that includes acrylic, but I have not tried it on acrylic nails since I don’t wear them.

• especially for darker colors.

When I first tried Sally Hansen’s nail polish remover, I had a combination of two different polishes on, one of them with a slight shimmer.

The shimmering kind is especially challenging, it sticks to the nails rather hard.

I began to rub my nails with the pad soaked with Sally Hansen remover, and both coats of nail polishes were quickly

gone.

I would not say it was drastically different from what generic remover does though.

Both work well, with Sally Hansen being a little better, but not “50% faster,” that’s for sure.

One thing I liked much more than in the generic version is the scent – Sally Hansen’s is more gentle and pleasant.

Except for that though, I see no reason to switch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312112927141031/k2311a1221/12.21.09