Batman: The Long Halloween Graphic Novel  » Books  »
  • It was very well written and I enjoyed Jeph Loeb’s writing style
  • I liked the story, a murder mystery involving gangsters and supervillains made it an interesting story to read and I liked how it showed Harvey Dent before he became Two-Face and that he wasn’t always an evil psychopath
  • Jeph Loeb also writes Batman and Bruce Wayne very well and that’s why I like his writing
  • As a Batman fan I’d have to recommend this to anyone who likes a good mystery story, or a good gangster story, because Batman

• by ReViewMeMedia

Batman: The Long Halloween is a graphic novel by Jeph Loeb and illustrated by Tim Sale. It’s the story of Batman’s war on two of Gotham’s most powerful gangsters, Carmine Falcone and Sal Marone. In Gotham City, there’s a mysterious serial killer, nicknamed “Holiday” who is murdering mobsters, mainly Falcone’s men on holidays throughout the year. Batman is trying to solve the mystery while fending off Gotham’s super criminals.

This is a great Batman story. I ended up liking this story a lot more than when I first started reading it. I didn’t really like

the artwork that much but then I ignored the fact that I didn’t like the artwork and concentrated on reading the story. It was very well written and I enjoyed Jeph Loeb’s writing style. It clear, concise and easy to understand. I liked the whole gangster aspect of the story because these days it just seems to be about the crazy supervillains and not so much about the gangsters like in Batman’s early days, unlike in this story, which is set early in Batman’s career.

The artwork was pretty nice, it just looks a lot different ...

• than what I was used to and that’s why I didn’t like it as much when I first started reading it, but then I got used to it and it does look nice, although it’s unique and might not appeal to everyone.

I liked the story, a murder mystery involving gangsters and supervillains made it an interesting story to read and I liked how it showed Harvey Dent before he became Two-Face and that he wasn’t always an evil psychopath. Jeph Loeb also writes Batman and Bruce Wayne very well and that’s why I like his

writing. He knows how to write the characters and that’s one of the strong points of the book is the well written characters.

As a Batman fan I’d have to recommend this to anyone who likes a good mystery story, or a good gangster story, because Batman: The Long Halloween puts both together into an excellent story with an interesting plot. It has great characterization and interesting from start to finish. You can find Batman: The Long Halloween in your local bookstore or online on Amazon.com or eBay. It’s definitely one to check out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172112926890931/k2311a1221/12.21.09