Private Eyes movie  » Movies  »
  • Private Eyes falls in the great category, in my opinion
  • I highly recommend this movie and always end up with sore sides whenever I watch it

• by Kenneth G

My son is at an age where he is starting to appreciate more than just animated movies. So, over the course of the Halloween season, he was introduced to some of our favorite ghost and mystery comedies.

One of the films we watched was Private Eyes, starring Tim Conway and Don Knotts. Now, on their own Tim Conway and Don

Knotts were both hilarious. Put them together, however, and the results range from good (They Went That A Way and That A Way) to great (The Apple Dumplin’ Gang). Private Eyes falls in the great category, in my opinion.

My family was in stitches for much of this movie, as there are many hilarious scenes. The basic premise of the ...

• movie is that Tim and Don are (bumbling) detectives investigating mysterious goings on at a mansion. Through sheer pluck, dumb luck, and a little help, our heroes manage to lift the veil of mystery and save the day. Of course, hilarity ensues liberally along the way.

I find Tim Conway and Don Knotts’ particular brand of comedy (physical with

extreme facial expressions) quite appealing, but unless you are a fan of broad physical comedy and rampant silliness, this movie may not be your cup of tea. Still, it is worth a watch just to see two comedy legends play off each other beautifully.

I highly recommend this movie and always end up with sore sides whenever I watch it. Be forewarned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112112926840931/k2311a1221/12.21.09