Hang Heung Cafe  » Restaurants  »
Shop 303, New World Centre, Kowloon, Hong Kong
  • My 10-year-old son enjoyed his curry seafood fried rice (HK$66), although I thought it was only fried in tumeric
  • My husband insisted on trying the blanched-dried wonton noodle, the only way to check its standard and was not disappointed
  • I think all HK restuarnts would have at least perfected their wonton noodles

• by Vchong

This ‘kitchen’ is actually one of those typical Hong Kong cafe serving congees and noodles. It is situated in the tourist district, in the mall along the famous Walk of Fame, where Hong Kong actors and actresses have their hands inprinted in cement, much like in Hollywood.

The restuarant claims “All Food No MSG Added”. Having tried all the other cheaper HK cafes, we wondered if

this up market one can match the high standards of the other cheaper cafes that served the basic same stuff.

The decor here is typically Chinese, with rosewood furniture. At one end is the open glass kitchen where you can see the chefs preparing your noodles or chopping your roast meat.

We ordered the roast pork. A small plate of about 12 pieces costs HK$65. The crust ...

• was crisp and the pork juicey. Great start. My order of Hor fun (flat rice noodles) with scallop, prawns and eggs (HK$72) had just the right amount of heat from the wok. My 10-year-old son enjoyed his curry seafood fried rice (HK$66), although I thought it was only fried in tumeric. My husband insisted on trying the blanched-dried wonton noodle, the only way to check
        its standard and was not disappointed. I think all HK restuarnts would have at least perfected their wonton noodles.

Our total bill, including 10% service charge and pickles is HK$287.00.

For your information, other than fried rice and noodles, this restuarant has a variety of other Chinese cuisine(eg: sweet and sour pork), casseroles, BBQ and roast meats as well as tim sum (snacks).

They are opened from 7.30am for breakfast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72012926500831/k2311a1220/12.20.09