Speak Out Cell Phones
  • When I bought my cell phone at 7-11 it cost me $79 for the phone and came with a $25 card for the phone
  • One thing I like about Speak Out is that your minutes are good for a year
  • I also like the fact that the minutes can be purchased at 7-11 which is very convenient

• by Drew Graham

Speak Out is a prepaid cell phone service sold through 7-11. As somebody who doesn’t use their cell phone very often it is an excellent option. It obviously doesn’t come with all the features of a regular cell phone plan, but it is a cheap option for a phone.

When I bought my cell phone at

7-11 it cost me $79 for the phone and came with a $25 card for the phone. I got it because my boss told me I needed a phone so he could get a hold of me and this was the easiest option. It’s acceptable for occasional use but I wouldn’t want to use it ...

• if I used the phone every day.

One thing I like about Speak Out is that your minutes are good for a year. On other prepaid cells I’ve used the minutes have expired after three months. On the down side the minimum number of minutes you can put on the phone is $25 worth, unlike $10

for other providers. I’ve actually had minutes expired unused even after a year. I also like the fact that the minutes can be purchased at 7-11 which is very convenient.

I wouldn’t recommend Speak Out as an every day cell phone, but it is useful if you just need a cheap and convenient option for occasional use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221912926171031/k2311a1219/12.19.09