Kingdom Hearts 2 for the PlayStation 2  » Games  »
  • Chain of Memories, the story might be confusing, so I recommend playing that first before putting Kingdom Hearts 2 in
  • I’ve played it through more than once and it never got boring
  • It’s got plenty of surprises in the story and hours of fun, entertaining gameplay, this is one of my favorite gaems that I own and I love every second of it

• by ReViewMeMedia

Kingdom Hearts 2 is the sequel to Kingdom Hearts 1 for the PlayStation 2. In it we meet a boy named Roxas who lives in Twilight Town who begins having strange dreams about Sora. He is relentlessly pursued by Organization 13 and discovers his connection to Sora, who is his other self. Roxas becomes a part of Sora again who wakes up from his yearlong sleep and sets out on a journey to stop Organization 13.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is a worthy sequel to Kingdom Hearts 1, the story is better, the gameplay itself has improved and

they’ve made the controls even easier to use. The addition of the Reaction Command, which makes Sora perform a powerful attack in the middle of a fight, does give some relief from the excessive button mashing that you did in the first game. The Forms Sora gains are a nice addition as well; Sora can use Donald and Goofy to gain their strength to execute more powerful attacks. This makes the game more fun and I liked it a lot.

This game has a few flaws, the two-and-a-half hour prologue being one of them. If you haven’t ...

• played Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories, the story might be confusing, so I recommend playing that first before putting Kingdom Hearts 2 in. Other than that, there’s very little for me to complain about.

The voice acting in this game is great, Haley Joel Osment reprises his role as Sora, and he sounds much better because he went through puberty. David Gallagher reprises his role as Riku and Jesse McCartney plays Roxas. You couldn’t ask for a better voice cast for these characters. They’re all terrific.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is an excellent Action RPG that

any fan of Disney or Final Fantasy should have in their PlayStation 2 game collection. I’ve played it through more than once and it never got boring. It’s got plenty of surprises in the story and hours of fun, entertaining gameplay, this is one of my favorite gaems that I own and I love every second of it. This game isn’t quite perfect, but it sure is close to it. I recommend this to anyone who owns a PlayStation 2. You’re missing out on a lot of fun if you don’t have this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281912925580931/k2311a1219/12.19.09