Matt Schaub  » People  »
2.5
  • My problem with the Schaub signing was, at the time, he really didn’t have a whole lot of experience and they were basing their opinion on a limited amount of playing time against teams that likely hadn’t scouted him because Michael Vick was the starter

• by Steve

Some time ago, the Houston Texans made a bit move by stealing away Atlanta Falcons backup Matt Schaub to be their starting quarterback. At the time, I said it was a mistake.

A couple seasons later, I honestly haven’t seen any proof I was wrong with that opinion.

My problem with

the Schaub signing was, at the time, he really didn’t have a whole lot of experience and they were basing their opinion on a limited amount of playing time against teams that likely hadn’t scouted him because Michael Vick was the starter.

To be fair, he has shown some improvement this ...

• season.

But, I still don’t think he has grown into a guy who can take the team on his shoulders and lead them to victory; especially since the Texans are once again looking at the possibility of missing the playoffs.

Another concern I would have is he tends to get hurt.

In his first two seasons, he only started 22 of a possible 32 games.

This is the first season he looks like he can actually complete.

Maybe I am wrong about him and he will eventually become a start quarterback.

I just would have to see a lot more from him to believe that.

Matt Schaub

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521812925401231/k2311a1218/12.18.09