Movie Knowing  » Movies  »
  • I like Nicolas Cage and I like Science Fiction so I had great expectations but got pretty disappointed
  • The movie was very interesting, full of action and tension but the ending was quite disappointing maybe because it made us realise that the Earth is not indestructible
  • I am kind a disappointed with this movie, I was expecting something much better

• by lorelai

I was rather excited about seeing this movie. I like Nicolas Cage and I like Science Fiction so I had great expectations but got pretty disappointed.

I mean, the movie is not that bad but it is less than I was expecting.

The movie starts when a class of elementary school has to draw a picture of what they think the world would look like in 50 years.

All the children draw rockets and starts ships except one girl who writes a list

of numbers.

Fifty years from that the time capsule with the drawings is opened and a small boy opens the letter with numbers.

His father is a scientist so he realise that all the numbers are dates and co-ordinations of the disasters.

So the man tries to verify the events and looks for the daughter of a little girl who wrote the numbers.

In the end his son with the granddaughter of the ‘’girl’’ who wrote the numbers are taken to the space ...

• by the aliens, on a new planet to start the human life all over again.

I guess if this movie was taken 10 years ago it would have had a happy ending, not happy in the sense this one could be considered happy, but the man would save the world what he didn’t manage to do here.

not indestructible.

I have never seen a movie where the Earth actually got destroyed so it was a big shock for me to see it happening.

Nicholas Cage didn’t look very good in this movie, he looks kind a plastic, his face seems to be made of wax.

I guess he tried to straighten his wrinkles but sometimes people really look better with them than after trying it make them go away.

I am kind a disappointed with this movie, I was expecting something much better.

Movie Knowing

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111812925321131/k2311a1218/12.18.09