Salton Electric Knife Model SK 615  » Housewares  »
  • I have a slicer and although it can slice anything from breads to meat, I found that when it comes to slicing cooked meat this would actually become a problem
  • To make cutting meat easier, I decided to get an electric knife
  • I thought as I am cooking roast beef at least once a week this knife would actually be used often enough
  • I finally got one a month ago and I paid about Pulas 160 for it

• by bethbarl

I have a slicer and although it can slice anything from breads to meat, I found that when it comes to slicing cooked meat this would actually become a problem. For one, the meat is too hot and by the time I let it cool down, then it is not anymore pleasant to eat it. I have to reheat the sliced pieces in the oven before serving. In addition, it makes a mess on my slicer as the liquid would drip all over the place which makes cleaning difficult and tricky as it could get in tiny crevices of the machine.

To make cutting meat easier, I decided to get an electric knife. I thought as I am cooking roast beef at least once a week this knife would actually be used

often enough. It’s not like I would be using it only once a month or less. I saw the Salton electric knife at the local Supermarker several times already. But until I got fed up with slicing my beef using the traditional knife, I did not give a thought to its existence. I finally got one a month ago and I paid about Pulas 160 for it.

It has two blades which I have to clip together by inserting it through a small knob in one of the blades. It made sense because if they are not held together then the knife will not cut anything evenly. I actually did not need to read the user manual as when we were renting a furnished and equipped apartment ...

• 20 years ago, one of the kitchen items which was provided by the landlord was an electric knife. I was surprised that it worked pretty much the same from the switch to the release button which would automatically eject the blades for dismantling. It was as if I was using the same knife all over again.

As I use this knife mostly to cut my beef, I don’t use it much for anything else. The slicer is still the most used over this one. But, cutting beef to thinner slices makes it easier with this knife as I get a better grip. It is just like holding a normal knife with the exception that I do not have to exert a lot of efforts. My roast beef always appear

neatly sliced and comes out much better looking and appetizing.

Sometimes, I also use it to cut oranges or to slice potatoes when I am too lazy to use the ordinary knife or when my knives have become blunt. I must say this knife has helped my cutting needs in the kitchen easier to do.

Cleaning is also not a problem as I just have to wash the blades and the chopping board that I used. Compared to using the slicer with meat, this electric knife is way easier to use. Slicing raw meat however can be a bit tricky as then the meat is soft that I cannot really cut it the way I want to. In such a case, both a slicer and an electric knife won’t work that well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531812924961131/k2311a1218/12.18.09