Augmentin  » Medicine  »
  • I've really never had a problem that augmentin couldn't fix
  • I recently went to the doctor for a pretty severe urinary tract infection, and he prescribed me a rather strong antibiotic that I was completely unfamilar with, and that had a lot of very severe side-effects, like you had to avoid direct sunlight, and you it could harm your kidneys and all kinds of similar issues, and I just didn't feel safe taking this for something as simple as a urinary tract infection
  • I highly recommend you spead to your doctor about using this if he or she tries to give you something else

• by Anasuya

I’ve been to the doctor more than a few times (ahem) in my life, and it’s always for a variety of problems. However, one of the things I go to the doctor the most for, at least a couple times a year, is a urinary tract infection, or the common cold, both of which leave me feeling incredibly uncomfortable and really ready to just curl into a fetal position and ignore the rest of the world until I start feeling a little more normal. And ever since I was a kid, there was one constant I could count on to help me feel better, and I always loved this medicine because it tasted great, and that was augmentin, or amoxicillin, which always comes as a pink liquid (or usually anyway). Even my kids enjoy taking this stuff when they aren’t feeling up-to-par.

Basically, augmentin is

just an antibiotic that’s used to help treat the buildup of bacteria in the system, and I’ve always viewed it as a sort of cure-all in the medicinal department. I’ve really never had a problem that augmentin couldn’t fix. I recently went to the doctor for a pretty severe urinary tract infection, and he prescribed me a rather strong antibiotic that I was completely unfamilar with, and that had a lot of very severe side-effects, like you had to avoid direct sunlight, and you it could harm your kidneys and all kinds of similar issues, and I just didn’t feel safe taking this for something as simple as a urinary tract infection. After two weeks on this antibiotic, i went back for my check-up and discovered that I STILL had the urinary tract infection. My doctor was ready to re-prescribe that awful antibiotic ...

• that made me nauseous and gave me headaches along with the other side-effects, and I said no way, and he needed to prescribe me augmentin, but he kept saying it wasn’t strong enough and, as an adult, I really needed something a little more potent, but I wasn’t having it. It was augmentin or nothing.

I realize doctors are pushed by prescription companies to provide a particular product as many times as possible, and they get quite a nice little check as a result of that, but when I asked my doctor if it would hurt me to take the augmentin, he said no, but worried it wouldn’t treat the infection properly and I’d just be back in his office in another ten days with the same problem. But when I told him I wouldn’t take anything else, he finally conceeded and gave me the

prescription for augmentin and sent me on my way. And really, within two days, I felt better. And, sure enough, by the end of that ten day period when it was time for me to head back in and see what the results of my urine test was, the augmentin had taken care of the problem completely. Plus, it doesn’t have any of those ridiculous side effects this other antibiotic had, and I can’t imagine why a doctor, who is supposed to be helping people, wouldn’t prescribe something that’s a little kinder to the body, yet still does the same job, if not downright better. I wont settle for anything other than agumentin if it’s been determined by my doctor that my problems are bacteria-related. I highly recommend you spead to your doctor about using this if he or she tries to give you something else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261812924931131/k2311a1218/12.18.09