Golds Gym 450 Treadmill  » Health  »
2.5
  • I love the idea of a treadmill, but it really does need to be a little lighter and sleeker looking so if I have to store it out in the open, it doesn't look like an eye-sore in my house the way this one my mother-in-law gave me did
  • If you have long legs, you'll find this to be quite the problem, because you have to take short little steps or else risk walking straight off the machine or into the bars in the front of it
  • There's only a one year warranty on the frame, and I found that, after seven months, I was starting to experience some instability in this regard, and when I tried to call the customer support center, it was a serious issue to get the problems i was experiencing resolved
  • I wouldn't recommend it at all for anyone who is looking for a piece of serious home-gym equippment, because this just wont meet those standards

• by Anasuya

My mother-in-law gave me her old treadmill a while back, and it was an awful beast of a machine, where the belt would stick while you’re walking on it and you’d just about kill yourself. Plus, it was heavy as all get-out and was almost impossible to lug from one room to the next, which was a requirement, since we had to store it in the bedroom where we didn’t have a tv, but I would only use it in the living room so I could watch tv while I was walking on it. I love the idea of a treadmill, but it really does need to be a little lighter and sleeker looking so if I have to store it out in the open, it doesn’t look like an eye-sore in my house the way this one my mother-in-law gave me did. I didn’t have a lot of requirements for a treadmill, either.

I was quite content to have anything that would allow me to

walk in place on it. I didn’t need a heartrate monitor or anything like that, or the incline option. Just a regular old treadmill.

I actually found the Golds Gym 450 treadmill online on sale for more than half it’s regular price, for only $195. Not bad at all. I couldn’t find a treadmill cheaper than that for how nice this one was, and being brand new.

It folds for storage, which was the big sell for me. The harms and operating station fold down over the belt and it wasn’t too high that I couldn’t shove it under my bed when it wasn’t being used. And, since I didn’t have many requirements, I can’t say that I was overly dissapointed with anything it offered.

It does have an incline option, which was nice, but the belt is super small and not really long enough for a good gait. If you have long legs, you’ll find this to be quite the problem, because you have to ...

• take short little steps or else risk walking straight off the machine or into the bars in the front of it. I’m short, at only 5 feet 2 inches, and this was almost not even long enough for me, so you know that’s saying a lot about the length of this machine.

It seriously needs to be at least another foot longer, and it wouldn’t hurt if it was another foot wider, because as is, I had to carefully monitor where my feet landed else I might step on the sides and off the belt completely. And there’s no way you can run on this. I’m not a totally fat monster, but I’m not a skinny stick either, and this treadmill was moving around even during my walking, so I can’t imagine it would hold together well for a good steady run, or even a slight jog.

There’s only a one year warranty on the frame, and I found that, after seven months, I was starting

to experience some instability in this regard, and when I tried to call the customer support center, it was a serious issue to get the problems i was experiencing resolved. Lots of run-arounds and hoops to jump through until they finally just replaced it. Granted, I suppose you get what you paid for, and for $200, a years use out of it wasn’t so bad.

Cheaper than a gym membership, but I can’t imagine if I had paid the full price for this item like so many people had. Good enough for walking, and it stores neatly which is a plus, but it was still heavy to lug around (though not as heavy as my old beast of a treadmill), and the belt was just too small in every regard. I wouldn’t recommend it at all for anyone who is looking for a piece of serious home-gym equippment, because this just wont meet those standards.

For the casual walker like myself, however, it was decent enough…. on sale.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341812924921131/k2311a1218/12.18.09