Dr Thompson COLDWAR Extended Release  » Medicine  »
  • I'll have to say that my husband is a way bigger baby about being sick than I am (though he'd say it's the other way around of course), and when he gets sick, I definitely rush to the store to find something to help him because I certainly don't want to hear him whining from the couch every five minutes that his throat is sore or his head is congested
  • Seriously, though, I love my husband, and I hate to see him when he's sick, because he doesn't particularly care for being babied which is, as a mother of two, my natural instinct, and it botheres me when he pushes me away
  • I don't like to be babied either, and he just wants to do what he can to make me feel better
  • He said he didn't experience any drowsiness or dizziness or anything associated with a more sleepy-time kind of medication, which is a huge plus, because he has a full time job and taking time off work due to a flu is just not an option, financially, since they don't provide paid sick leave

• by Anasuya

I hate being sick. Okay, so no one really likes it, but me and my husband become quite unbearable to live with when one of us isn’t feeling very well. All it takes is a stuffy head and a cough or sore throat and we are pretty much done for. I’ll have to say that my husband is a way bigger baby about being sick than I am (though he’d say it’s the other way around of course), and when he gets sick, I definitely rush to the store to find something to help him because I certainly don’t want to hear him whining from the couch every five minutes that his throat is sore or his head is congested. Blah

blah blah. Seriously, though, I love my husband, and I hate to see him when he’s sick, because he doesn’t particularly care for being babied which is, as a mother of two, my natural instinct, and it botheres me when he pushes me away. So, the faster he gets to feeling better, the better it is for all us, him physically and me mentally! And, when I’m sick, it’s pretty much the exact same, except reversed. I don’t like to be babied either, and he just wants to do what he can to make me feel better. And we are no strangers to cold and flu medicines and have tried just about everything under the sun and some things under the moon! Dr. Thompson COLDWAR is one of those medications we’d really never heard of before, but when we found it, we were willing to give it a shot.

We liked that it was extended release, which, we assumed, meant it would last longer than the typical four hours most other medicines last. And you are only supposed to take it every eight hours, first taking it at the onset of symptoms. The earlier you catch it, the better, as far as this medication is concerned. I liked the product initially because it’s supposed to be an immune booster which uses antioxidents and vitamins that boost the immune system and speed up recovery. It’s got some natural ingredients like echinacea and ...

• Dr Thompson COLDWAR Extended Release
      sea weed extracts, and I had actually recently read an article on yahoo health about the benefits of sea weed, so thought it was a nice addition to an otherwise typical cold remedy.

When my husband got sick recently (more like six months ago), we tried this out, and as soon as he started noticing the slight congestion in his head at night and in the morning, and that little itch in the back of his throat, he immediately started taking this, which is used more as a preventative medication than anything, which is why it’s so important to take it immediately at the onset of symptoms instead of waiting for days when you’re really feeling pretty awful by that point.

He said he didn’t experience any drowsiness or dizziness or anything associated with a more sleepy-time kind of medication, which is a huge plus, because he has a full time job and taking time off work due to a flu is just not an option, financially, since they don’t provide paid sick leave. He took it that first day, and by the next day, he was feeling better already. I couldn’t believe how chipper he actually was. He said not only was the congestion lessened (though it was still present), the itchy throat was gone completely, and he felt pretty rejuvenated and energetic, which NO other cold medicine had ever done for him. though I haven’t had a chance to take it yet, he highly recommends it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261812924851131/k2311a1218/12.18.09