The Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet Graphic Novel  » Books  »
  • Unfortunately, he makes some enemies when he rescues a man from being killed by thugs who work for a mobster named Joe Minette
  • I think for being a very short story, it’s pretty entertaining
  • I’d have to say that I enjoyed it and I’d recommend it to fans of Dick Grayson or general Robin fans
  • It’s a good read and I’m happy I got it because I like it a lot

• by ReViewMeMedia

I bought Batman: The Gauntlet (Paperback) by Bruce Canwell and illustrated by Lee Weeks on Amazon.com awhile ago and I like it. It tells the story of Dick Grayson’s final test in order to become Batman’s official partner codenamed Robin. This test involves only one thing, avoiding Batman for an entire night without getting caught. Unfortunately, he makes some enemies when he rescues a man

from being killed by thugs who work for a mobster named Joe Minette. Now he has to avoid them and Batman.

I like this story a lot. It was pretty good for being really short. I like Bruce Canwell’s writing style; it’s clear, concise and descriptive. He did a really good job of writing Batman and Robin. The artwork by Lee Weeks is pretty ...

• good, it’s got a different feel to it but it looks nice. This book also has typical Robin one liners and pretty good fight scenes. I think for being a very short story, it’s pretty entertaining. I’d have to say that I enjoyed it and I’d recommend it to fans of Dick Grayson or general Robin fans. You’d probably like it if you like
        the character. It’s a pretty good book. Not one of my favorites, but it was worth buying. It’s a good read and I’m happy I got it because I like it a lot.

Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet is out of print now and it’s available on Amazon.com or eBay. You might have to look hard to find it cheap but it’s worth getting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171712924290431/k2311a1217/12.17.09