Nintendo Wii  » Games  »
  • I am not a casual gamer, but I love my Wii
  • In fact, I prefer it to every other gaming system currently on the market
  • This flexibility of control has made it so I enjoy playing Super Smash Bros

• by Michael Strauss

According to the experts in the field, the Nintendo Wii is a gaming console designed to appeal to casual gamers. I am not a casual gamer, but I love my Wii. In fact, I prefer it to every other gaming system currently on the market.

Both graphically and computationally, the Wii is approximately as powerful as the PS2. This puts it a full generation behind

the competition in these categories. Yet, as a gamer who still loves playing his PS2, this level of electronics is not a flaw to me. The console is as high quality as my previous favorite console and has new games and new controller options.

The control scheme is remarkably flexible. The Wii remote and nunchuk allow for about 4 or 5 different standard control schemes ...

• and almost every new game takes advantage of this. Also, the classic controller and the GameCube controller can be used and many games use these control schemes. This flexibility of control has made it so I enjoy playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, despite disliking Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Most importantly, despite the high number of “casual” games, there are also a high number of traditional gamer

games. These are the games I enjoy, and there are enough to entertain me. Even more important, using the Wii Virtual Console, I can download and play classic games from older consoles. Between old games that I have loved for years and new games that are fresh and exciting, the Wii is the only console that I currently want or need from this generation.

Nintendo Wii
    Mauna Locca says :

Thank you for introducing us to the world of computer gaming.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281712924010331/k2311a1217/12.17.09