Spring Valley Prenatal Vitamins
  • When I became pregnant, I of course wanted the best care for my unborn baby and knew a big part of that was taking care of myself and making sure I had a proper diet and nutrition
  • I decided upon Spring Valley because it contained all the nutrients my baby and I needed and have been very pleased with them
  • The only thing I don't like about them is that they are very large and are not coated

• by TCAT

When I became pregnant, I of course wanted the best care for my unborn baby and knew a big part of that was taking care of myself and making sure I had a proper diet and nutrition. I looked and compared many of the prenatal

vitamins
      out there.

There are so many different brands, of which all the prices vary greatly.

I compared ingredient for ingredient and found there to be little difference if any among some of the namebrand vs.

generic titles.

I decided upon Spring Valley ...

Alison says :

Is the geletin in the prenatal vitamins made from pork or is it from some form of beef?

Jules Li says :

Alison, it’s actually made using a combination of beef and pork.

Galega says :

Gelatin is actually produced from by products of leather and meat industry. It is generally derived from pork skin, horses, pork and cattle bones.

There are obviously lots of religious sentiments involved in this production line. For example, Hindus can’t consume beef because they consider cow an equivalent to goddess. And, Muslims can’t consume pork. Seeing this, the Gelatin industry is not shifting towards fish. Now, a small quantity of Gelatin is produced with fish by products.

Tina says :

I`m not sure what the geletin is made of in these vitamins. Perhaps you could contact the manufacturer for a more detailed ingredient listing.

Galega says :

Gelatin is made of Pig/Pork skin (44%), Bovine Hides (28%) and Bones (27 %). There are also some other elements (1%) that are used during its manufacturing.

Afifa says :

i contacted with the manufacturer as there’s a contact number on the product to ask questions. they asked my product’s batch number and said that the Gelatin is made from beaf and there’s no pork.they also said that there are products which contain pork but not this product of mine with particular batch number.

courtnee says :

Does this help get you pregnant

Jules Li says :

Courtnee, the answer is yes, which is the case with all multivitamins. They help to enhance ovulation and it leads to increased fertility rates.

Galega says :

It is a prenatal vitamin, Courtnee. It will not help you get pregnant.

The prenatal vitamins are recommended for those women who are already pregnant. It gives them all necessary vitamins and nutrients. If you are looking for something that may help you to get pregnant, it is not that.

Ali says :

um actually on the bottle it says
use for : before pregnancy, during, and after. so yes they do actually help with getting pregnant, I have been taking these when I knew we were trying up until I actually got pregnant…. so YES YES YES

GOOD LUCK

Hi Courtnee,

Prenatal vitamins aren’t necessarily meant to help you get pregnant, but there are many women (myself included) who prenatal vitamins as way to rebuild significantly low levels of necessary vitamins and minerals. That being said, as they help to rebuild and maintain appropriate levels of essential vitamins in your system they do have a tendency to increase estrogen levels which can lead to increased ovulation (and mood swings). It doesn’t always happen, but it is something to consider. All that aside, mostly they are just for women who are already pregnant.

Sincerely,

Wendy says :

i am trying to get pregnant can thes vitamins help me with that?

Jules Li says :

Wendy, it’s a multivitamin so it would help to increase fertility rates.

Hi Wendy,

This is a PRENATAL multivitamin. It is supposed to be taken by those WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT.

It will NOT help you to get pregnant.

You can take it with doctor’s advise, though.

Megan says :

The most detrimental time for fetal vitamin deficiency is early in pregnancy before a woman will even know she is pregnant. It is recommended that any woman who may become pregnant take a prenatal vitamin. Yes, she SHOULD take a prenatal vitamin. I am in my final stages of registered dietician training. A side note: your prenatal vitamin should contain vitamin A from a plant based source because this contains the precursor. Taking the actual vitamin a (either from an animal based source or synthetic) can cause birth defects

Hi Wendy,

These vitamins are intended for women who are already pregnant. However, many women, myself included, take them for other health benefits like healthier skin.

My cousin was taking prenatal vitamins when she became pregnant despite years of failed fertility treatments. She swears that it was the prenatal vitamins that helped her get pregnant by increasing ovulation.

I wouldn’t completely dismiss these as boosting health and thus increased ovulation, but I don’t think that I would rely on them solely for the purpose of getting pregnant.

If you are having trouble, I would suggest seeing a gynecologist to help you.

Clau says :

Sorry for my ignorance im barely gonna start drinkining these …do i have to stop eating certain things or no …just curious

ctheriena says :

hi no you don’t need to stop eating certain things you can eat like you normally do

Hi Clau,

First, don’t every be sorry for asking a question that is related to your health.

Now, while it is best to have a healthy diet, taking prenatal vitamins don’t require you to change your diet in anyway. If you are pregnant and taking these (some women take these even without being pregnant for the added health benefits), then it is likely you will already be on a healthier diet for the sake of your baby.

Plainly put, no, you don’t have to change your diet to take these. However, like all vitamins, they are more effective when combined with a healthy diet and life style.

Sincerely,

MOHAMED MUSTAFA says :

i better suggest AMWAYS neutralite powder for you and also multi vitamin tablets from AMWAY these were proven through out the world

Galega says :

Amway Nutrilite Powder and Tablets are generally not prescribed for pregnant women. There is no denying that pregnant women need little bit more protein than normal lady. Yet, there are many factors involved. And, there is also issue of some specific requirements about minerals and vitamins during pregnancy. Hence, it is not a good idea to take Amway Nutrilite during pregnancy without your OB prescription.

Sprinkle says :

I have taken spring valley prenatal vitamins with two of my three pregnancies as well as have continued using them while I have been nursing. I am currently enrolled at a community college where I am studying to be a nurse. I am taking a required Nutrition class and we are suppose to be studying the vitamins that we currently take. I was wondering if you could tell me if your vitamins have USP approval? Thanks for your time.

Jules Li says :

Yes these are USP approved.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34130992361030/k2311a0913/9.13.06