Miles Electric Piano MLS-880  » Electronics  »
  • Now that I can afford to get one for my kids, I chose an electric piano as I thought it would perhaps be prudent to see how they would like playing it
  • What I like about this piano is that you can listen to your own playing as it has also a record function
  • In addition, as this piano is in my living room the headset actually is a very convenient accessory
  • This electric piano broke down once because of a minor electrical contact problem
  • Fortunately, I found one who could repair it and except for this minor hitch, I had no troubles ever since

• by bethbarl

I am a frustrated pianist. When I was young, I would take piano lessons twice a week before school would start. I practiced on the table or a pillow as we could not afford to buy one. Paying for the lessons was easier than buying a piano. It was so expensive that I eventually stopped taking lessons. There was no point as I could not practice anyway.

Now that I can afford to get one for my kids, I chose an electric piano as I thought it would perhaps be prudent to see how they would like playing it. Instead of investing so much in a real piano, I would end up with something which will just be a piece of decoration or a furniture. Considering that I did not pay a lot of money for this piano, I did

not mind having this as a musical instrument in the house.

I of course paid for lessons at home for my kids using this Miles piano. The music teacher himself said that for my kids’ needs, this piano is not bad. It has a good sound, powerful yet audible. The keys are comfortable to use and on top of the normal notes, my kids can also make their own tunes. What I like about this piano is that you can listen to your own playing as it has also a record function. My kids play their music, record it, then listen afterwards to see their mistakes or which notes they skipped or played badly. It also comes with a headset which you plug directly into the piano. My kids and even myself can play on the piano without ever bothering ...

• anyone. In addition, as this piano is in my living room the headset actually is a very convenient accessory. However, I also have no problems moving this piano around the house as it is not heavy. It does not occupy a lot of space and its wooden material and design is in harmony with my décor.

There are also various sounds on the piano such as percussion, strings, violin and the like. In effect, my kids could play several sounds with the songs they use such as a harp, xylophone and even a flute. This feature made it actually fun for them as they would experiment with different sounds. And, if they would get tired of reading their own notes, then they would just play the pre recorded tunes in this piano and would dance. I am always amused

that something like this piano could actually give them endless fun and entertainment.

This electric piano broke down once because of a minor electrical contact problem. Fortunately, I found one who could repair it and except for this minor hitch, I had no troubles ever since.

For me, the most important value of this electric piano was that my kids learned to read and play proper musical notes. Now, they continue to play on this piano although they have stopped taking formal lessons. I myself tinker with it from time to time but I do not think I will ever go beyond playing something more grand than a simple song. At least, I could give this joy of being able to play music on a piano (albeit an electric one) to my kids, a privilege which I did not have when I was young.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161612923240431/k2311a1216/12.16.09