Krispy Kreme  » Business  »
310 NW 13th Street, Gainesville, FL
  • Krispy Kreme on 13th Street is the best doughnut shop, period, in Gainesville
  • When I go to Krispy Kreme, it's usually around ten in the morning because I'm not an early riser and I like to avoid the rush of the UF college students and teachers as well as the high school students and teachers up the road
  • The place is always clean, which is a great thing because I think I would lose interest in the doughnuts otherwise

• by C.Channing

Krispy Kreme on 13th Street is the best doughnut shop, period, in Gainesville. When it comes to getting my fill of sugary high in the morning, 13th Street is where I go and it can get busy because it’s down the street from the University of Florida.

When I go to Krispy Kreme, it’s usually around ten in the morning because I’m not an early riser and I like to avoid the rush of the UF college students and teachers as well as the high

school students and teachers up the road. There is still a little buzz by the time I get there, but people are off in their own conversations to even notice the coming and goings of others. The sweet aroma of doughnuts and sugar fill the air mixed in with a little coffee. I’m not really a coffee drinker, but it’s still a nice smell to walk into.

By the display of the doughnuts, you would think I woke up at six like everyone else because ...

• all the doughnuts are stocked and fresh. Even though they have a variety of doughnuts displayed, my favorites are the original glazed, original glazed doughnut holes, the filled doughnuts, and the cheesecake doughnuts. I see the same cashier every time I go in there and she is always pleasant company while I’m waiting for my order: very friendly and welcoming. The place is always clean, which is a great thing because I think I would lose interest in the doughnuts otherwise. The customers–when I’m
        in there–are also friendly as well. Some are college students talking about their latest assignment or regular Joes talking about the latest Gator game. The prices are fair, but I probably wouldn’t even notice if they went up because their doughnuts are so good.

Overall, Krispy Kreme on 13th Street is the best location to get hot, fresh doughnuts. If you like good doughnuts and great conversation, then Krispy Kreme is the place to go. There is also good parking, but can be limited when it’s packed.

Krispy Kreme

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411612922620331/k2311a1216/12.16.09