Fraggle Rock: Beginnings  » TV  »
2.5
  • It was OK but I can also see why I was never entertained by this show as a kid too

• by Steve

I was browsing movie options at Netflix for our Netflix player and came across season 1 of the show Fraggle Rock. So, I loaded it for our oldest daughter, who is always looking for something to watch after school.

This was actually the first time I’ve seen the show too (it was on the air

when I was a kid but I never really took the time to watch it) so, when we watched the first episode, Beginnings, it was new for me too.

It was OK but I can also see why I was never entertained by this show as a kid too; even though my daughter is.

The ...

• episode, and the show, were OK.

Obviously, it was made in the 1980s so the special effects and muppets are somewhat limited.

But, it was a good introduction and explained Fraggle Rock, the main characters and what the show is essentially about.

This episode, which features Uncle Matt going on his travels into the outside

world (which must be an ongoing theme with each episode), also offers up a bit of excitement and sets up the entire series.

For the most part, this wasn’t too bad.

I’m not sure if I’ll enjoy the show or not but my daughter seems to and I’ll enjoy watching more episodes with her to see what ends up happening.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101512922440731/k2311a1215/12.15.09