Salon Selectives Sit Still Medium Hold Finishing Spray  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • So, I would only recommend Salon Selectives Sit Still Medium Hold Finishing Spray to those people who are looking for stick, sticky, crunchy hair that doesn’t move at all

• by Jessie Bahrey

I rarely use hairspray, mainly because just the word hairspray conjures up images of my hair in the 80s, when stiff and big was in. I remember the sticky, crisp feeling and how difficult it was to comb through it, all in the name of making the big hair look last all day.

Since those years, I have occasionally used finishing sprays, but only when it was necessary to keep a style, like in very stormy weather.

I hate the stickiness of even the lightest sprays, but I have to admit that

some of them are much less stiff and much more natural than the ones I have tried in the past.

I assumed sprays, like hair styles, have evolved over time.

Thinking that most sprays were improved, I purchased a small bottle of Salon Selectives Sit Still Medium Hold Finishing Spray for $4.

99, for a vacation, intending to use it on the dressy nights out in the windy weather.

My hair stayed put alright, but it was like going back to the 80s-stiff, sticky, crunch hair that didn’t move at all, and was ...

• so hard that I had to shampoo it out before I went to bed!

Although I am not a fan of the Salon Selectives brand of hair products, I didn’t think that this spray would be so heavy.

I also picked the medium hold, as opposed to the maximum hold, thinking it would be a lighter touch.

I even only used a very small amount, really only a light mist, and my hair instantly become crunchy and hard.

It didn’t move at all, even though we were in the tail end of a

hurricane force wind, but it also didn’t move when I tried to comb it, and forget about running my fingers through it.

I was appalled, and will never use this again.

I was surprised that a modern finishing spray would be so old-fashioned and harsh.

So, I would only recommend Salon Selectives Sit Still Medium Hold Finishing Spray to those people who are looking for stick, sticky, crunchy hair that doesn’t move at all.

If you are looking for a natural looking spray that will hold your style, this spray is not a good bet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311512922290731/k2311a1215/12.15.09