Lake Tahoe  » Travel  »
Tahoe City, California/Nevada
  • In my experience the best way to stay at Lake Tahoe is to rent a vacation condo and that is the way we enjoyed the most
  • But I should say that these house cost few hundreds a night and were expensive than staying in a conventional hotel
  • Also in my opinion Lake Tahoe is an area that never runs out of activities

• by demandon

When we decided to spend our last summer vacation at Lake Tahoe my expectation was huge. This is mainly because of what I read about Tahoe as the one of the top scenic locations of the world. Also most of my friends recommended Lake Tahoe as a perfect place to enjoy and rejuvenate. We were a large group of fifteen which made the trip a memorable one.

I would say that the drive to Lake Tahoe is little tricky. Even in the summer the temperatures were very low and road was very slippery. But the snow chains were not used in our trip; but it is always safe to carry them with

you.

There were many scenic routes in between especially the mammoth lakes where we took a reasonably large halt. Even though drive to Lake Tahoe is long I did not feel tired because of the scenic route and nice climate. In my experience the best way to stay at Lake Tahoe is to rent a vacation condo and that is the way we enjoyed the most.

It was very easy to find a vacation house at Lake Tahoe through the Tahoe Keys vacation condos. We got the perfect house with pool table, nice beds for all of us. But I should say that these house cost few hundreds a night and were ...

• expensive than staying in a conventional hotel.

Lake Tahoe is a large lake with Tahoe town surrounding the lake. The crowded town area was small with many casinos and entertainment stations. To enjoy the complete scenery we drove around the lake getting down at numerous points.

This cannot be completed in one full day as there are a lot of picturesque places to see in this heavenly place. The water in the lake was crystal clear and takes different colors at different angles. Out of the various points of Lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay is the one that stays clear in my mind even months after the visit.

Right in the centre of

the Lake is this beautiful green island which is eye catching from a distance. Some of my friends who are keenly interested in photography could not stop clicking the cameras seeing the wonderful glimpses of Lake Tahoe. Also in my opinion Lake Tahoe is an area that never runs out of activities.

The gondola ride is a very good option which is worth the ticket charge. It took us to the peak of snow clad mountain where the pure white snow was all ours. Also we did thrilling water rafting through the rough waters.

I am now a huge promoter of Lake Tahoe and I will return to see the winter beauty also of this place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381512922180731/k2311a1215/12.15.09