Vintage Travel and Tours  » Travel  »
Unit 3, G/F, Nyerere Drive, Gaborone, Botswana
  • I have absolutely no problem doing this as I live very near the agency
  • I never got into any trouble while using their tickets and the agent always comes up with the best timings and connections
  • I recommend this agency when you are in Gaborone and need one for all your flight needs

• by bethbarl

I am very lucky to be living in the center of the city. I have easy access to the most important things in day to day living including supermarkets, a clinic, a pharmacy and such stuff. I am also fortunate to be near a travel agency as there is nothing more on my husband’s mind than to travel and make the most of our stay while being in Africa. Well, it’s not only to destinations in the region that we go to but other places as well.

If I need to buy cheap and reasonable flight tickets to Europe (mostly) or within the region, I just go to Vintage Travel. Now, this is an agency which is owned by an Indian. Their staff is also segmented

this way – the locals go to a Motswana agent, the Indians to the Indian and the rest go to the Zimbabwean lady. I do not mind as for me, my travel agent is the nicest and the most efficient of them all. Sometimes, I might wait a bit before being attended to if there are people before me or I make sure that I am there early, preferably at 8 in the morning when the business opens. I have absolutely no problem doing this as I live very near the agency. It is even walking distance but I take the car as I do a bit of grocery shopping afterwards.

Vintage Travel can fly me anywhere I want to at often well priced tickets. Funnily, even ...

• for the same airlines, buying a return ticket here was even cheaper than buying them in Europe. Paying is easy as the agency accepts most methods of payment. I never got into any trouble while using their tickets and the agent always comes up with the best timings and connections. Considering that if we fly back to Europe, we take at least 3 flights just to get to our chosen destination, I find that the service at this agency is top notch. A return flight to Gaborone means easily 6 flights all in all. Finding the best connections is not easy and so far, I have not missed any connecting flight at all due to miscalculations in time.

I can also pre-book seats with the agency but as

this had something to do with a problem with the airline, I cannot really blame the agency for the airlines not honouring the confirmed and reserved seats. Even if my itinerary shows a numbered seat and a status which says that these seats are confirmed, often I end up with no assigned seats or get a different one while at the check-in counter in transit.

I don’t go to any other travel agency except at Vintage’s. Their ticket pricing is very reasonable, the service is quick and my flights are all well organized. I do not need to look for tickets elsewhere as I have been a satisfied customer for years now. I recommend this agency when you are in Gaborone and need one for all your flight needs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381512922170731/k2311a1215/12.15.09