Adventure Safaris
Shop 102, Riverwalk Mall, Gaborone, Botswana
  • This seems to be a fixed cost which is implemented to discourage mass tourism flocking to this country
  • Instead of passing mails back and forth or calling several times before agreeing on a definite timetable, I just have to drop by their office, look at some brochures and decide which tour would be the best to take
  • In addition, they often have last minute specials which are interesting for residents like us
  • So far, I was happy with how the staff dealt with all our local travel needs
  • I have already booked here so many times and as far as the arrangements were concerned there was never a time when I got a problem be it in terms of short flight tickets or vouchers which I have presented to the lodges or hotels

• by bethbarl

Traveling in Africa is not cheap at all. In Botswana alone, they have a low tourism volume policy which makes it expensive to see this country. It at least costs me €250 a night in one of the lodges. I sometimes book directly with the Lodge or the agency arranging the travels but when I do my comparisons, it turns at the same. This seems to be a fixed cost which is implemented to discourage mass tourism flocking to this country.

For special safaris in the country, I usually choose Adventure Safaris as they are the nearest and have an office which is conveniently located. At any rate, the prices hardly differ which probably makes this agency a better choice. Instead of passing mails back and forth or calling several times before agreeing on a definite timetable, I

just have to drop by their office, look at some brochures and decide which tour would be the best to take.

In addition, they often have last minute specials which are interesting for residents like us. Those who are outside of the country have to take planes to reach the starting-off points for tours and would not probably just go for the weekend.

But, this is the advantage of specials or discounted safaris. You have to wait for last minute deals and should be ready to leave with a few days’ notice. For my family and me, this suits us very well as we are living in the county. Otherwise, this might be one of the few ways to get cheap tickets and accommodations for Botswana safaris.

So far, I was happy with how the staff dealt with ...

• all our local travel needs. They usually give us a quotation first and from there we decide, whether it is an interesting deal or not. We have relied mostly on specials or discounted weekend getaways which might not be that cheap but at least these are not full prices. They also offer different payment methods, usually cash and major credit cards.

What I appreciated the most about the staff was their honesty and professionalism. Once, while paying for an accommodation in South Africa, it seemed that they ran the same payment twice. I would not have remarked it but upon reaching home, they called me immediately, apologized and explained the situation adding as well that they have already processed a reverse operation. I could come anytime to pick up the receipt. In this sense,

customer service was quite good.

I have already booked here so many times and as far as the arrangements were concerned there was never a time when I got a problem be it in terms of short flight tickets or vouchers which I have presented to the lodges or hotels. My travels were well coordinated and I could not really complain.

Overall, this agency is the best place to go for local safaris or even trips to neighboring South Africa. The cost of a safari is never cheap but at least the travel arrangements are well coordinated, booking is straightforward, the staff is honest and nice. It is also probably one of the few ways to get a space in hard to reach places like safari camps as this agency has connections and all the information to get the booking one wants.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381512922150731/k2311a1215/12.15.09