Adidas Isolation Running Shoe
  • Little did I know that I'd also be getting great performance out of it
  • The main point with this shoe is that it, in my opinion, gives an amazing price-to-performance ratio

• by poyayan

Since I wanted to embark on a running program for physical fitness, I needed an affordable running shoe that also performs well. Upon scouring a few malls for options, I finally took the Adidas Isolation–mainly because the price was quite cheap at a little over $40. Little did I know that I’d also be getting great performance out of it.

The

shoe is great in terms of cushioning, thanks to Adidas’ Adiprene technology. I can really feel how soft the inner cushioning is with every step, and this is important for me because my feet usually hurt after just a few minutes’ worth of walking. Great cushioning helps me sustain a prolonged walk or run. Sometimes, though, the cushioning can feel worn-out a bit. In such cases, I rest the shoe for a couple of days before I go on another run. That’s enough time for the foam to recover.

I don’t really know the optimal shoe weight for running shoes, but the Isolation is pretty light—at least compared to the basketball shoes I usually use. The soft mesh used in the ...

• Adidas Isolation Running Shoe
      upper of the shoe makes constant and continuous running comfortable.

The main sacrifice, I suppose, had to do with the looks department. While offering a good measure of the same features as other Adidas running shoes, the Adidas Isolation isn’t nearly as good looking as an AdiZero, for example.

The main point with this shoe is that it, in my opinion, gives

an amazing price-to-performance ratio. Plus, it’s durable. I’ve gone on quite a lot of 30-minute walking and running sessions using just this shoe and it’s still in good condition. I’ve bought a second running shoe (at more than double the Isolation’s price), but I still use this one more than the new one because I feel it still provides better performance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 551512921910731/k2311a1215/12.15.09