Garnier Nutri-Pure Daily Exfoliating Gel Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I bought Garnier's Nutri-pure Daily Exfoliating gel cleanser because I heard that gel cleansers are especially good for oily skin
  • I was very disappointed, but needless to say, I was determined to give this face wash a try anyway
  • Later I found out I didn't get it in my eyes at all, it just always seems to have the same effect on my eyes no matter what I do
  • Another thing I don't like about this is that it seems to drain all color from your face

• by nicolina

I bought Garnier’s Nutri-pure Daily Exfoliating gel cleanser because I heard that gel cleansers are especially good for oily skin. They say that the gel keeps oil controlled much better than a foaming, bubbly cleanser. I’ve also used quite a few products from Garnier, from hair care to skin care and I have developed a trust for this brand. So, when I saw this in CVS, I was immediately drawn to it. On the front of the bottle it says that it has Oat Amino Acids, Green Leaf Extract and Vitamin E and this made me immediately snap it up! I could see some of the product through the bottle and it looks green with tiny little exfoliating beads in it.

When I opened it to smell it my nose was taken aback with pleasure so much so that I closed my eyes. I could just sit there and sniff it all day. That’s when I knew I would love to wash my face with it. Later, I realized I was a little too hasty in purchasing this product because I never bothered

to look at the back on the ingredients list.

When I did, I saw some great stuff! There is grapefruit extract, Jojoba esters, peppermint leaf extract, panthenol, and salicylic acid in it. But when I got to the middle of the ingredient list my heart sank because I saw that it contains regular, unaltered alcohol in it. This is the worst thing you can put on your face! It makes your face evaporate all the moisture it has and can make you look dry and shriveled up. I was very disappointed, but needless to say, I was determined to give this face wash a try anyway.

The alcohol was pretty low on the list so they probably didn’t put that much in it right?

The first time I used it, it gave my face this incredible, awakening sensation! I felt like my face was suffocating my whole life and just washing my face with this cleanser allowed it to breath for the first time ever. It felt so exhilarating. The cleanser doesn’t seem to foam up at all, and the beads in it ...

• are very gentle, almost like they’re not there. However, I did get this stuff a little too close to my eyes, because after I was done my eyes were burning and sore for a while.

I had to keep a cold compress over my eyes for a while to get that feeling to go away. I really did not like that at all. Later I found out I didn’t get it in my eyes at all, it just always seems to have the same effect on my eyes no matter what I do. Maybe I am allergic? I don’t know.

Anyway, After that first time washing my face, I seemed to appear extra pale; and before I could even reach for my moisturizer, my face already felt tight and dry to the max. I had to apply my face lotion three times just to get my skin back to feeling normal and comfortable again. Also, what seems really strange to me is that this stuff claims to exfoliate, and while it made my skin very dry, it didn’t seem to exfoliate at all!

It sounds like a contradiction but it’s true. I had flakes around my nose and the corners of my mouth, and my pores just didn’t seem like they were cleansed thoroughly.

Another thing I don’t like about this is that it seems to drain all color from your face. You would think a product with all these extracts and emollients would leave your skin looking rosy and refreshed but that is not the case at all. It makes me look like I just woke up from night of heavy drinking, when all I had was water last night. Because it is useless to me as a face wash, I now use this to cleanse my back, where I tend to have breakouts because of my conditioner.

This cleanser seems to prevent breakouts on my back but it is way too strong for my face. I did put this cleanser to good use, because I hate to see it just sitting in my bathroom, but I have to say that I will not buy this again. It is just way too harsh for skin as delicate as on the face.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311412921460731/k2311a1214/12.14.09