Venture Bros: Pinstripes and Poltergeists  » TV  »
  • We also get introduced to a new villain, Monstroso, who I believe has been mentioned before, much like Captain Sunshine
  • I know we're getting more episodes this season, but it's still sad to see the show go, even if it is only for a few months
  • More often than not, the stingers have nothing to do with whatever cliffhanger the show has put out so this was an interesting twist

• by David Finniss

This episode brings 24 back, still in ghost form and guiding 21. 21’s really become a competent character. For most of the season, the joke was that he thought he had, as the trope says, taken a level in badass, but it turns out it’s starting to actually happen.

We also see the return of Brock, who’s still working for Sphinx. Near the end of the episode, he runs in to

21. The two clash and it’s actually a fairly even fight. Whereas 21 would normally get pounded into the ground, here he held his own for the most part. He still lost, but the upgrade was noticable.

It was good to have 24 back. The banter between the two hasn’t lost its stride and there are geek references galore.

We also get introduced to a new villain, Monstroso, who I believe ...

• has been mentioned before, much like Captain Sunshine. His voice sounded a lot like Kevin Michael Richardson but I didn’t see his name in the credits.

This episode wasn’t quite as lolworthy as the one before, but it had some good jokes and it was rather epic. I get the feeling that 21 might not be with the Monarch for too long. I know we’re getting more episodes this season, but it’s still

sad to see the show go, even if it is only for a few months.

I figured that the fight between 21, Brock and Monstroso would be the subject of a cliffhanger, but oddly enough, it’s resolved in the stinger. More often than not, the stingers have nothing to do with whatever cliffhanger the show has put out so this was an interesting twist. Good episode overall, can’t wait for more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101412921310731/k2311a1214/12.14.09