Magic Starch
  • I bought a twenty ounce canister of Magic Starch heavy spray starch from my local grocer for about two dollars to press the wrinkles of my shirts
  • When I tried to follow the directions exactly I noticed that the Magic Starch heavy spray gathered heavier in spots on the clothing that I did not plan for
  • I believe the type of material clothing is made of will order the degree of heaviness
  • I would recommend this brand of spray starch for heavier clothing of lighter colors only to avoid being able to see white flakes on dark clothing

• by Breezewriter

We me being an entrepreneur I sometimes have to take gigs that require a certain type of dress. I have to wear either a solid white or black dress shirt that has a professional look to it. I bought a twenty ounce canister of Magic Starch heavy spray starch from my local grocer for about two dollars to press the wrinkles of my shirts.

Magic Starch claims that per using this spray starch my clothing will have a crisp pressed professional look. They even note that this product will make ironing easier.

Magic Starch heavy spray starch is mainly made up of water, starch, a propellant of some sort and fragrance. The fragrance has a nice clean smell that blends in

with the smell of laundry soap already on my freshly washed shirts.

The directions for use are easy enough for anyone to follow; all one has to do is hold the canister six to ten inches away from the fabric about to be ironed, and spray side to side lightly and evenly. When I tried to follow the directions exactly I noticed that the Magic Starch heavy spray gathered heavier in spots on the clothing that I did not plan for.

This caused me a delay in ironing because I had to wait for the heavier spots to soak into the shirts and even out. With that in mind, I now had wet spots that I did not anticipate, and when I actually ...

• placed the iron on my shirts they were seared.

I tried to spray the Magic Starch even lighter on the clothing and when I again ironed the shirts the spray starch was sitting on top of the clothing as flakes that I had to brush off. Having flakes left over from the spray starch on the black shirt was especially irritating, so I am no longer wearing it until I get around to replacing the brand or the degree of heaviness in the spray starch.

The only thing that Magic Starch instructs about the type of clothing to use the spray starch on is that it is for all washable fabrics, and not to use on clothing that is specifically made to be dry cleaned.

/> I believe the type of material clothing is made of will order the degree of heaviness.

I probably only need a light to medium starch for my work shirts, but I find it unfortunate that I had to spend money buying spray starch and using it, to find out that this is product is not suited for my particular clothing. Magic Starch works as a spray starch because it did give my clothing a crisp press to them, which did represent a professional look.

However, it failed in the sense that flakes were leftover on my clothing from using this brand of spray starch. I would recommend this brand of spray starch for heavier clothing of lighter colors only to avoid being able to see white flakes on dark clothing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531312920540931/k2311a1213/12.13.09