Nintendo Game Cube Console DOL-001  » Games  »
  • I guess that each console provides a different type of experience
  • I would recommend this game console to buy second hand
  • But, I found that it was easier to set this up over the Wii which was to me more complicated

• by bethbarl

My sister-in-law’s son sold this game console to my husband as he outgrew playing on this machine. My husband thought he was getting a good deal as for €100, his nephew also included all the games he had bought for this game device. I also thought that was fair enough as the boy maintained his game console quite well. It comes with 2 controllers and all the necessary cables to run this device. I just hook it to a second TV in the house where the kids can play without disrupting others in the household.

As my kids still believed in Santa Claus, my husband wrapped this console and put it under the Christmas tree. To this day, my kids believe that it was a present

from Santa.

Anyway, I had no problems in installing this game console and making it work. However, as I do not play games anymore since ages (the last games I played were on the Atari and Sega), I had to read the manual a bit to get the thing going. After connecting the right cables to the TV as well as putting on the game, I soon found out how the thing works. Both my kids though were quicker than me in learning to use the controllers. Both the sound and picture quality is good. My kids and I had endless hours of fun (well maybe more them than me) playing on this game console. Their friends were also often in the house to play some games ...

• with them.

I just thought that there were very few games which one could still buy nowadays for this console. At any rate, I have long bought them another console (the Wii) to have variety in the games. To my delight, they could even use the controllers of the Game cube on the Wii and could play their games on this console. All was not lost after all.

For sentimental reasons, my kids do not even want to sell this console as for them, it was a gift from Santa. I guess, this console has provided them with many hours of joy and entertainment. They did not want to take these memories away. In fact, up to now, they alternate playing games on both consoles. I guess

that each console provides a different type of experience. They also said to me that they like the old controllers better because it was more fun to use.

I would recommend this game console to buy second hand. At this time, it is not anymore the most recent model in the market for gaming devices. But, I found that it was easier to set this up over the Wii which was to me more complicated. It has a good video and audio playback and is a reasonable priced console for introducing kids to video game playing. The only drawback is there are not much games available for sale which can play on this console. But, there is always the chance of renting some or buying second hand as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281312920440931/k2311a1213/12.13.09