Annayake Tsukimi Eau de Toilette Spray  » Perfume  »
2.5
  • After having been disappointed with Narciso Rodgriguez for Her, I decided to try another perfume
  • I still have 3 other ones which I bought when we were in Europe last spring
  • There are a few shops which sell perfumes but the selection is very limited and the prices two times more than what it cost me to get them in my usual shop
  • Having bought an Annayake cream which was so expensive, I thought at least that the quality would be comparable
  • It looked like I was not so prudent in my purchases and I vow to test them the next time or stick to the ones which I like and have bought before

• by bethbarl

After having been disappointed with Narciso Rodgriguez for Her, I decided to try another perfume. I still have 3 other ones which I bought when we were in Europe last spring. I usually buy enough as it is difficult to buy here in Gaborone. There are a few shops which sell perfumes but the selection is very limited and the prices two times more than what it cost me to get them in my usual shop. One of them is Annayake’s Tsukimi Eau de Toilette. I did not know that this brand has also a line of scents. I was actually encouraged by the cream I bought earlier from this line because that cream worked well for me. I expected this eau de toilette to give good results. However, I have mixed feelings about this

eau de toilette.

The packaging is quite attractive and the bottle in particular has an elegant, wavy and unique style. The bottle is actually clear and I could see that the liquid inside is light in color. My immediate thought was that this would be a light scent. Having bought an Annayake cream which was so expensive, I thought at least that the quality would be comparable. Its price was expensive enough and I believed that after paying that amount of money, it would assure me at least that the scent would be great. Again, I did not test this perfume at all since I believed that it would be something I would appreciate.

When I first used it last week, I was half disappointed with the scent. I can tell that it is a ...

• floral scent but it is a heavy one. I do not like fragrances which are dense as to me they smell overindulgent and overpowering. Even if it is just an eau de toilette, the smell still lingers when I put it on my wrist. However, after the initial strong scent, it appeared that the fragrance actually settles and what is left behind is a pleasant smell – sort of like soap. I was not too disappointed after all. There could actually be hope for this eau de toilette I bought.

In comparison to Narciso Rodgriguez, Annayake is still bearable even if it might be a little more to put on during summer. At least, the final smell which remains is a pleasant one. I used it once during a function last week and it seemed to

work well on me. I did not have to use a lot and after my initial dislike of the first spray, I have become used to it. I will not rave about the fantastic qualities of this fragrance and perhaps I would like to justify my mistake in not testing it before putting my money on the table.

I also cannot fully recommend it as I still have mixed feelings about this eau de toilette. One thing is sure though, my next purchase will not be so impulsive. I will test the fragrance I will buy on me or on a piece of testing material. It looked like I was not so prudent in my purchases and I vow to test them the next time or stick to the ones which I like and have bought before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561312920430931/k2311a1213/12.13.09