Narciso Rodriguez for Her Eau de Toilette  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • I bought this perfume months back as a reserve
  • It must be the wood or something but it is one which does not agree with my nose and my head
  • In this heat, this is not really the best
  • I would have seen the color of the perfume if the bottle was clear (it's black) but I thought I would take my chances as this is a new brand of scent for me

• by bethbarl

I am running low on perfumes and eau de toilette these past few weeks. It has been so hot lately that I keep on sweating all the time. It does not help that I have to cook as well every single day which makes me sweat even more. My kitchen does not have an air conditioner which makes chores a bit difficult to accomplish. I would sweat and feel so worn out. In addition, I usually have to leave the house rather quickly either to do my shopping, pay my bills or pick up the kids at school. Thankfully, my kids have finished the school year last week so that’s at least one task off my back.

I tried using Narciso Rodriguez for Her Eau de Toilette just to try to mask the odor from sweating whenever I have

to go out. I bought this perfume months back as a reserve. I have been using perfumes and sprays more often than normal because I am always lacking in self-confidence whenever I have to go out and have no time to change. Putting on this perfume seemed to be the quickest way to refresh myself.

It seems I made a mistake. I actually do not like the scent as it smells really heavy and something which is not suitable for summer. I can smell floral scents but behind this is a heavier, overpowering musky scent. I did not think this would be suitable for the heat. This odor actually reminded me of how my grandmother’s chest of drawers would smell like. It must be the wood or something but it is one which does not agree with my nose ...

• and my head. I actually got a headache while using this. Fortunately, this is in an eau de toilette form which makes it quicker to evaporate in the air. As I did not like the scent, it was actually making me more uncomfortable and self-conscious knowing that I must smell like a granny or a piece of furniture.

Nonetheless, I still tried to use it several times. What is also annoying me is that with the summer, it seems more people are hosting several parties such as grilling, cocktails from the office on top of the festive holiday gatherings. My husband and I are often invited to attend official functions and the dress code is always formal. In this heat, this is not really the best. I have also tried putting on this eau de toilette in the evenings

when the temperatures are lower. However, this did not make me like the scent any better.

Now, I am stuck with a bottle of eau de toilette which I do not like to use. It was basically my fault because I was in a hurry, I did not even test the fragrance. I would have seen the color of the perfume if the bottle was clear (it’s black) but I thought I would take my chances as this is a new brand of scent for me. I gambled and I clearly lost.

I will probably try to use it again when the weather is much cooler. Often, the type of perfumes I wear is best suited to a particular season. At the moment, I will put this bottle away for a later use hoping that I could still put it on me.

Michelle says :

I just bought NR for her EDT for the first time and I would like to know if it smells like rubbing alcohol when you first spray it. I have never experienced this before smelling rubbing alcohol . Maybe, it`s a fake Dunnno

bethbarl replies :

Nothing like alcohol but more a musky scent which I find heavy and suitable for men, even.

bethbarl replies :

It does not smell of rubbing alcohol but it is too overpowering for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561312920420931/k2311a1213/12.13.09