Special K Cereal Bars  » Food  »
1.0
  • If mocha really tasted like that I don't think I want another cup in my entire life

• by AzureSea

Special K Cereal Bars are part of Special K’s effort to promote itself as “healthy”. They are portion controlled snack bars at 90 calories per bar, designed so that it’s easier to control your snacking. However, they taste so bad I wonder why anyone would want to have more than one.

As I was looking

for a new type of snack bar for a quick breakfast on hurried mornings, I came upon Special K bars in all different flavors that were very pleasing to the eye. Names like Chocolatey Crunch, Strawberry and Mocha jumped out at me from the shelf. I figured that since I liked Special K cereal quite ...

• a bit, why not try the snack bars too?

Ah, what a bad decision that was. They turned out to be sugary in this strange sense that it is both somewhat artificial and overdone, and they do not taste ANYWHERE near what the flavors advertise them as. If mocha really tasted like that I don’t think

I want another cup in my entire life. Same with strawberries. Next time I eat a strawberry, I’ll be sure to check if my strawberry really tastes like a sort of creamed sugar. Mostly that’s what the bars are topped with, but the difference between them is that the coloring they use on the cream is different.

Special K Cereal Bars
    Emily says :

Special K cereal bars are great for small snacks but they’re way to small to eat as a meal, like breakfast. I’d recommend only eating them as a snack or eat it as a side to breakfast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271312920290931/k2311a1213/12.13.09