Air Jordan 16.5 sneaker  » Clothes  »
  • The Air Jordan 16.5 is, in my honest opinion, the best 'fusion' Jordan basketball sneaker out on the market
  • I bought my pair only recently, since Jordan sneakers can be very expensive and I only had enough funds a week ago
  • The only problem I've experienced is that the shoe is sub-optimal when I'm playing on asphalt or street basketball courts

• by poyayan

The Air Jordan 16.5 is, in my honest opinion, the best ‘fusion’ Jordan basketball sneaker out on the market. Ever. Previous fusions have simply been garish and ugly. The 16.5 model, though, is an exception.

I bought my pair only recently, since Jordan sneakers can be very expensive and I only had enough funds a week ago. Still, I’ve had my eye on this hoops shoe for a long time.

Performance-wise, the Air Jordan 16.5 delivers

in all significant categories. Breathability is excellent, since there are ample air vents to the side. At 15-16 ounces, it’s one of the lightest Jordans I’ve ever worn. Heck, it’s one of the lightest shoes I’ve worn, and that includes the Air Jet Flight and the Cradle Rock.

Ankle support is adequate, and I can really feel the shoe gripping my ankles every time I run or drive to the basket. Stability and cushioning are ...

• also great. It’s also not restrictive and it doesn’t feel stuffy from the inside.

The only problem I’ve experienced is that the shoe is sub-optimal when I’m playing on asphalt or street basketball courts. It feels like I’m running the sole through the ground; that is, just a few games and I feel like I’ve already worn-out the shoes. This is because there aren’t as much patterns and ridges on the outsole to compensate for

the tougher and rougher flooring.

If you’re after a classy-looking shoe that’s great to play basketball in, the Jordan 16.5 is perfect. However, you might be better off with a more-durable shoe at the 16.5’s price tag. Not to take anything away from the 16.5, but I wouldn’t have spent hundreds of dollars on a shoe I wouldn’t be using for a long, long time. Still, it’s the best-looking fusion Jordan available. That counts for something.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 551312920220931/k2311a1213/12.13.09